Chapter 21 - Memories

Saturday – July 4th 2020

"What's Aradia going to do when she learns that I'm done with her accursed locket?" as I glance at Rose "You are a being of magic; would she be capable of harming me?"

"The Aradia I once knew would never harm you...but grief and loss can change a person!" Rose commented as that was what I feared. "I can do magic, just like her, but I am nowhere nearly as powerful or as knowledgeable as she is. I can't promise that I can defend you, Skylynn. Maybe we could—" my phone rings as I jump like I was shot. "Is it she!?"

I looked at the name on the phone as I was shocked.

"No! It's November!" I quickly answered.

"Hi Skylynn." November's voice says as I wanted to cry; so glad to hear her speaking to me -- even if it was to yell at me!

"November! I've been meaning to talk to you! I've got something important to tell you!" I say, willing to break Aradia's golden rule.

"I think I know what it is..." she replies as I was stunned.

"Wait? What?"

"It would be best for us to discuss this in person. I am leaving work right now. Where are you?" as her voice seems 'concerned'.

"I'm in my apartment."

"Stay there! I will be there in an hour!"

"November, what is it?" I asked her, wondering if she was okay.

"I'll see you soon." as she hangs up and I look back at Rose.

"Something is dreadfully wrong!" I tell her as Rose seems perplexed.

"Is she okay?" I shake my head as I sink in the sofa.

"I don't know! I've never heard her talk like that before! She seems...concerned! Scared! What if she was in danger!" Rose places her paw on my leg.

"Have faith in her!" she tells me as I nod my head.

"If I am going to be transparent! If this is my last shot at regaining her trust! Everything needs to be out in the open! No more lies!" as I got up and headed to my room.

"What are you doing?" Rose asks, watching me.

I return with a pile of clothes as I lay them out on the table, then get the other's...shoes, accessories and items like make-up and things that Caitlynn would have used. I lay my portfolio and identification and papers all on the table as I glanced over at Rose.

"I know I asked you to hide the locket! But I need that too!" I told her as she jumped off the sofa.

"You're going to show her everything, aren't you?" Rose comments as I nod.

"I lied to my best friend! I never lied to her ever before...I am not going to lie to her for a second time! She deserves to know the truth...she can then judge me afterwards." Rose walks over as she opens a portal and pulls out the locket. "Damn...guess I'd never find that!"

"Promise you won't let this sway your decision! I just want you to be happy!" Rose comments as I nod.

"Of course." I took the locket and felt its magic as I held it and glanced back at Rose as I made a promise. I laid it on top of the mess of female 'stuff' as I paced around, nervous.

"Skylynn...please stop pacing, you are starting to make me nervous!" as I stopped.

"Sorry!" There was a knock at the door as I looked at the closed wooden barrier as I glanced at the clothes and stuff.