Chapter 20 - Just Lynn

Saturday – July 4th 2020

I awake, stretching out in my queen size bed as I inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly as I opened my eyes and allowed myself to awake on my own natural accord. It was Saturday, July 4th! It was Independence Day, so no work! No issues! No scheming against guys or debacle! I planned to spend this holiday pampering myself to my heart's content.

I pushed the covers off my thin and dainty body as I smiled: 'Good morning me!'

I slowly walked to the shower room and took a quick shower as I freshened up and walked back to my room to get dressed. I glanced over at a picture of mom, dad, November, and I which was taken during the 4th of July, about five years ago. It was the last time that we were all together.

I walked over as I picked up the picture and looked at mother's happy face as she was standing with my father, ever so happy in her sundress. Dad was standing next to mom in his apron that had printed upon it in bold letters: Kiss The Cook.

I stood by my mother with my arm wrapped around her, smiling ever so happy with my other arm around November as she nuzzled up against me.

The photograph looked fairly new, except the image of me had faded out...as if I was disappearing from the picture. I looked at the new reflection of Caitlynn glancing back at me as I dropped the picture on the bed in shock!

"Oh my God!" I gasped, astounded and horrified all at once!

I hurried over to my photo album and opened it as I flipped to a picture of November and I from the 9th grade and once again, the image seems altered...I was not there! I flip through the years seeing every image either fading away, or I am completely gone! Missing!

"Rose!" I cried for her. The panic in my voice had her running in to see what might be wrong with me.

"Is everything okay?" she asks, jumping on the bed as I hold my photo album in my hands as I stare at the page marked Age 13...every picture was altered to exclude me.

"These were my pictures of when I was 13 years old!" I tell her as she looks down at them.

"But I don't see anything." she remarks.

"Exactly! Every picture of me from age 13 to 15...I do not exist! And the rest are all altered."

I looked at a Christmas 07 picture and it was just mom, dad, and November's family. I take out a blank image...there was no way I would put a blank image in this album and as I flip it over and read in my own writing: My 13th birthday party.

"I'm being erased!"

I flip to age 12's images and everything looked normal...all the way to birth, but everything past the age of 13, I was either not there. Or fading from the photograph!

"Caitlynn..." Rose comments as I close my photo album as I quickly took off the locket "...think your actions thoroughly!"

"I promised myself I'd give this life up, no matter how much I currently want it! Mom is somehow influencing my thinking..." I say as I look at the picture of the family fourth. "Now look what is happening! Mom said that it wouldn't do anything to me...but this...I can't accept this!"

I opened the locket as I looked at the image of Caitlynn in the locket's interior.

"Once I am myself for eight hours, the last trace of my girl personality will be gone for good!" I look over at Rose as she looks worried about something. "Rose, my dear...this isn't my life! I don't even know where I fit into this story anymore! One moment, I believe with all my soul that I am Caitlynn, and the next, I resist it! What is it about me that makes my soul bond to hers!"