Chapter 44 - The Mystical Life Of Caitlynn Acacia

Sunday – December 31st 2006

I walked alone in the damp earthy forest upon a misty isle called Bainbridge Island, back in the Puget Sound basin, as mom was introducing us to a friend of hers named Ariston Keegan.

___

Back in 1984, Ariston was with his class in downtown Seattle when he had carelessly strayed away from his class. He was blindly following a compelling path of soul energy that led him to a fate that would forever entangle his life with the Aos Si.

You see, Ariston was once a human...but when he was eleven years old...all of that had changed when his soul was struck by mom's soul magic when she and Eileen were dueling at the Sea-Sprites headquarters.

The blast should have killed him, but Ariston's path would turn him into a powerful Guardian and the once member of the Aos Si Police force called the Na Breathnoiri.

He was telling us about his own encounter with Eileen in the paradox and about what she was planning for the human species...a species he once was a member of.

His tale was of corporate sabotage and struggle to steal the prototype that she had made. His story was shocking to hear! Captivating, like film noir.

'Who would have thought that the Coronavirus was an Aos Si made spell that infected only humans!' It was made with a complicated level of Void Magic and laced with Soul Magic. The reason why November and I were not infected was because we were carrying the soul fragments of my sister. Her own magic had made us immune to the deadly curse!

Ariston was worried that one day, Eileen might try to finish what she had begun...and now that she knew how to make the curse and virus...the fear was very high! As she too had escaped the painful fate of the Void when the paradox had come crashing down.

___

"Caitlynn!" cries out November, happy to see me "Wait up!" I turned to see my friend running down the trail as I was walking towards a place called Gazzam Lake.

"Hey Ember. You made it!" I smiled as we continued walking down the woodland trail.

"Pretty place!" she smiles "Though, nothing like our ocean!"

"Indeed!" I remark as I have been missing the salty breeze. If it wasn't for the salty water of Puget Sound only 0.3 miles away, I'd be flaking away!

"Are you okay?" she asks me "You've been quiet since we came to Bainbridge."

"I've been thinking about Mr. Keegan's story about what happened back in 2020."

"It is highly unlikely that the prototype is still here! It was made and destroyed in the paradox. Besides, it was made in the year 2020, and it is only 2006! Most do not even know what a coronavirus is...right now bird flu is all the rage!"