Chapter 29 - Narcissus Syndrome

Saturday – August 15th 2020

Hurrying in high heels was no easy feat! But when your life is at stake, you can pull of amazing miracles! And I just did that! I feel like I got away!

Why didn't she come after me?

If that pendant was so important to her, she certainly did not seem to want it that badly! Nevertheless, mom needed to know all about this! We had suspected that Eileen Hitode and her sister Citra Hitode were up to no good, and now this only confirms it!

To muddy the waters...I will finally have a better idea of my powers when Blair finally falls for my Siren Song that I casted over him many months ago. Should I warn him about the Hitode's? No one truly deserves the fate which I saw in Andrena's pleading eyes.

'Who was she? And why did it feel like Eileen was somehow in charge of Cadabra?!' that idea was impossible! I pulled out my cellphone and look up Cadabra's founding CEO, Andre Beas, and was shocked to discover that Andre Beas had sold his company to Eileen for only 2 billion dollars! 'Two billion for a trillion dollar company?!'

Not to mention that Cadabra's stocks had fell like a rock in the market; and the stockholders on the board of directors all came up missing...and nearly three-forth of the staff were fired. It was a aggressive corporate takeover!

"We're too late!" I gasp. 'Is that part of Eileen's Phase Two?!'

I pocketed my cellphone as I diverted into an alleyway as I checked for prying eyes and then opened a portal and teleported quickly to mom's place as I hurried up to her door. I quickly went inside as my little heart was still racing!

"Sweetie?!" mom calls as she could feel the arcane energy just pouring off of my skin like a cold sweat. "What's wrong, my love?"

"She knows!" I said as I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her as she was uncertain of what exactly was troubling me.

"Who knows what?"

"The CEO of Sea Sprites, Eileen Hitode! She was at Cadabra! I think she did something to the founder of the company!" I thought of Andrena, my mind dispelling her name: 'Andre...na!' "Oh my God!" as I now knew what happened. "She took over Cadabra and turned Andre Beas into Andrena...that was why she was trying to warn me about Eileen!"

"You saw Eileen!?" mom asked as I nodded, wishing I hadn't.

"She wants Caitlynn's locket badly! And I fear that she will do anything to get it! Her obsession with the soul spell within it, is overwhelming!" I paused as I look up at mom, asking "Can other fae change people into the opposite sex?"

"It isn't an easy magic to learn...and it requires a faery's to have a special type of magic: Diamond magic."

"Diamond--" I pondered, then asked "Is your magic Diamond?" mother nodded, smiling.

"Yes, my love. Your magic is also Diamond, just like mine!" I was stunned to hear that as I didn't know I had Diamond magic. "Eileen Hitode is another Diamond magic user. But her skills are weak due to dabbling far too much in Void magic."

"So, she could turn Andre into Andrena!?" I asked as she nodded, answering.

"Yes."

"Then, what purpose does she need for the locket if she already has Diamond magic?" as I walked over, picking up Caitlynn's locket from the mantle, studying it.

"If it is for what I suspect...it is to change every soul on this planet from male to female and to link them all to her ambitions! The ultimate body, soul and mind control!" mom's words were haunting. "Your place in Bremerton isn't safe anymore, sweetie! Here, I can keep you shielded with my magic!"