Chapter 22 - The Accident

Tuesday – December 5th 2006

Copalis, Washington

"Are you certain this is what you want to do with your life, son?" as dad stood in the changing room while I dressed into a designer outfit made by November's mother.

"Yeah!" I say with a smile. "Modeling has always been my desire, dad!"

"It isn't a career, boy!" he sighs "Going out there flaunting off your body like some shallow hussy! This occupation will do two things to you: Turn you into a mindless moron or trick you into becoming a girly when you learn that no guy would be caught wearing that garbage!" as dad looked at my designer jacket.

"Dad! Be nice! Ember's mom made this!"

"Sky!" says the casting director. "You and the female model will be up in the next few minutes."

"Thank you." I told her. "I tell you what dad, if I should fail tonight, I will give up modeling and seek a career in teaching science!" I joked.

"I'll hold you to it!" He smiles as he walks me out onto the stage. "Just give it your best! And for God-sake, let the girl have the lead! It'll show how much of a gentleman you are to the judges!"

I smile as for as much as dad hates me modeling, he was a reluctant supporter as I heard my que and walked out onto the stage and I looked over at a lovely girl with blonde hair walking towards me.

"Ready?" she asks as I nod.

"Let's impress them!" as I have gotten to know her in the last year when our families met during a summer 'mermaiding' festival. She was an amazing young girl. She and I were dating and considered following one another into the modeling industry.

"On display from the Brooke Fashion Line, we have Miss Caitlynn Acacia wearing a lovely brown winter cap with a matching brown scarf and boots. She is modeling a one-piece white over jacket with a white sweater to keep you warm on those cold winter strolls."

'Caitlynn...' my god how talented she was! She was like an angel wearing that winter design.

"Next up, on display from the Brooke Fashion Line, we have Mr. Sky Danica wearing a black sports jacket filled with down feathers of ducks with plenty of storage space. With matching black gloves and black chaps, gives a futuristic look to a modern spin." as I strut out on the stage, glancing over at November as she has been my best friend since that time, we both terrorized Ocean Shores with our childlike antics!

I walked over to Caitlynn as we did a few couple poses with a stark contrast of my black clothes to her earth white clothing. We were having a great time as the show went off without a hitch! Caitlynn and I waved to the crowd as it did not take long for prospective modeling agencies clambering to get our attention, and companies flocking to buy the rights to Mrs. Brookes fashion designs.

"Well done you two!" Mrs. Brookes says as November comes over and hugs me as we look to November's mother. "I was able to see my designs! Thank you! As a way of saying thank you, you may keep these prototypes as a gift!"

"Aww...thanks Mrs. Brookes!" Caitlynn smiled as she walked over and hugged the woman as I smiled and nodded.

"I much appreciate it, Mrs. Brookes!" I kindly smiled as this was a wonderful gift!

Dad comes over as there really was no need to change as it would be appropriate to leave in Mrs. Brookes' designer clothes. I glance at Caitlynn as she was talking with her mother, Mrs. Aradia Acacia. They were about to leave when I noticed something of importance left behind. I grabbed her locket as I felt a strange pulse of energy surge through me as I ran over to her.