Chapter 42 - Sisters

Tuesday – December 5th 2006

The World In-Between Worlds

'You and I need to stop meeting like this!' says a familiar voice as I turn and look at the Goddess Arduinna as she was swimming before me with a tail of shimmering glowing scales as she smiles, giggling.

'Goddess Arduinna...or wait...is it, Diana?!' I smiled as she swam over to me, hugging me as it was nice to see a familiar face.

'I see that you are beginning to remember, now that we are out of the paradox. I am Arduinna, but I have also been called both Diana and Artemis.'

'I see.' as I was still slow to understand 'I take it that I am finally dead!'

'Mmhmm' she nods 'Turned to sea foam.'

'Dying sucks!' I comment as she laughs.

'It isn't a picnic!' as she swims around me, looking at my human form 'So, this is the body of Sky Danica! It is so nice to finally see the old you!'

'I do not feel like the old me!' I replied as she lightly nodded, understanding my confusion.

'That's because all of this was a facade...it has always been! Then...and now. Your true self lies underneath this construct.'

'I am certain I was human before I became an Aos Si!'

'And you wouldn't be incorrect!' she replies. 'But in this reality...you were reborn as Caitlynn Acacia! Daughter of Aradia and River Acacia. And sister to Carolynn Acacia.'

'Respectfully, I think you got it all wrong, Goddess Arduinna! Caitlynn is my sister!'

'No.' she smiles. 'Carolynn is your younger sister. You have always been Caitlynn, the first born...the Paradox can be quite confusing at first, my child! That was why Caitlynn's locket had always worked for you...as it was yours from the beginning!'

Her words hurt my head, just trying to think about it. She the continued, 

'Think about it...when you used Caitlynn's locket, you thought and acted just like yourself...and it frightened you. Yet, when you used Carolynn's locket...it did not change you into her. You still remained yourself and took on the form of your girlfriend with it. That is why Eileen was able to steal it so easily! The locket was never yours to begin with!'

'Then the accident!' I comment as I remembered touching my sister's locket.

'Every alternate universe...you were the victim of the crash and used your locket to heal your sister which caused the paradox. Caitlynn! It wasn't your sister who created the paradox...it was you. That is why the paradox has finally closed. You finally accepted your death...but something happened in this last paradox! Your mastery of Soul Magic restored your soul in this timeline; but at the cost of all your human timelines.'

'It was I who had caused the paradox!' I gasped, stunned 'That is why I was the only one who remembered everything!' Arduinna nodded, holding me in her arms.

'You will grow up to be a great Aos Si, Caitlynn! Very powerful!' as she smiles. 'When I first met you...your power frightened me! But as I weighed your soul against the Void, your soul was nothing but light! Pure and good! But even now...you still have the capability to destroy this world! Because of your human soul...the paradox lives on...inside of you! But I can end it...but you know the cost!' as she looks down at the Void.