Chapter 26 - Romance

Tuesday – July 14th 2020

I decided not to travel home, but to remain here in Ocean City to help Blake adapt to his new life as being a sea faery, just like me. While taking my time to visit my parents about two miles away while I was in my male form.

It was hard to believe just how all of us were connected! November was my next-door neighbor, and Blake's family had once resided in Ocean Shores where he still lives, now all alone. We all lived within a 10-mile radius of one another...all connected to the same accident that had changed our lives.

I opened and closed my locket as I transform back into my male form as I watched myself change in the mirror and frowned. Only months ago, when I had first met mom, this would have bothered me deeply to see me transformed into a woman. But now...

'I do not feel any connection to this male body anymore...it feels like a lie! Like a construct. Like a terrible dream that I just want to wake up from.' I turned away from the mirror as mirrors were the most terrible thing ever invented!

' I turned away from the mirror as mirrors were the most terrible thing ever invented!

The quote was written on the mirror. A quote that November had written for me as I smile, reading it over and over.

"How true!"

I walked to the kitchen as mom was sitting, sipping on some jasmine tea as she looked up and smiled.

"Good morning, sweetie."

"Good morning, mom." I replied as I took some tea and sat down with her as I carefully sipped the hot floral beverage.

"It's been wonderful having this house active once more!" she smiles. "It's been awfully quiet all these years."

"I appreciate you allowing Blake and I to stay here."

"It's your home, darling." she says as she holds my hand, smiling. It was one of her many ways of telling me that she loves me "Losing my daughter was the worst day of my entire life! But having you and Blake here helps heal the old wounds."

"I am glad!" I smiled. "I just feel like I am taking advantage of your kindness and generosity!" I tell her, feeling ashamed "At least let me buy food or pay rent!" Mom, however, smiles as she giggles, amused.

"What type of parent would I be if I require my daughter to pay to live here, when she has already done so much for me!?" she exclaimed "Also...in the world of fairies...you are still only a changeling. You still need to learn to cast magic to become an adult like me!"

"Can I also do magic?" I asked her as she looked at me, amused.

"Are you asking me to teach you, or are you asking me if it is possible for a human reborn as a fae to do magic?"

"Could you please teach me?" I asked her as she smiled.

"Of course, I can teach you sweetie! That is what a mother is supposed to do for her daughter. Teach them how to harness their magic and tone their voice to sing." She teases me with a light tickle as I giggled and smiled "Along with everything else a mother teaches her daughter to look fashionable in public and be graceful."