The Aos Si Races

In 'The Mystical Life Of Caitlynn Acacia' we are introduced to two types of Aos Si: The Merrows & The Finfolk. However, in the World of Caitlynn Acacia, there are many different races of Aos Si.

About The Aos Sí (Aes Sídhe)

The Aos Si, also called the Aes Sidhe and the Daoine Sith are fair-folk that can exist within our human realm and also outside of our physical realm. Humans call them words like: 'Fairy', 'Fae', and 'Elf' -- though these words can be offensive to some of the Aos Si -- and should be used sparingly.

The Aos Si are the descendants of the mythical race: Tuatha Dé Danann (The People of Danu or The Shining Ones); a band of people who were the survivors from the Confederation of Atlantis; residing in what is now Ireland and the UK with their influence through much of Europe and as far as Greece to the south and Russia to the east.

The Aos Si do not have a supreme ruler, but instead have 'Fairy Queens' who possess the greatest power and control over their magic.

They do have a modernized 'Council' called the 'Seelie Court' which passes laws and regulations. And the enforcers of that law are the Na Breathnoiri.

And though many of the Aos Si live freely amongst us: teaching at schools, running businesses, and even serving as law enforcement. The Aos Si's main civilization exists in the 'Otherworld', a magical realm outside of time; that is both technologically and spiritually advanced as compared to human civilization.

The People Of The Aos Si

In the book 'The Mythical Life Of Caitlynn Acacia', the Aos Si appears mainly as an extraordinarily beautiful human. However, it is revealed that their human appearance is only a facade. Their true form is revealed when they go back into the ocean.

The Acacia's and the Hitode's belong to a specific band of Aos Si called: 'Merrows' (Murúch); descending from the Western Coastline of Ireland. On land, they can take on a human form after bonding their life-force to a mortal human being. However, in the ocean, they take on their original Aos Si aquatic form.

The Morrigan's belong to a specific band of Aos Si called: 'Finfolk' (Muir); descending from the Orkney & Shetland Islands of Scotland. On land, they can take on a human form after bonding their life-force to a mortal human being. However, in the ocean, they take on their original Aos Si aquatic form.

Adamaris Amarine belongs to a specific band of Aos Si called: 'Selkie' (Selchies); descending from the Orkney Island of Scotland. On land, she can take on a human form as long as she does not soak her seal skin in saltwater. In the ocean, she'll transform back into a grey seal.

When Caitlynn (Paradox Version) was transformed into a construct, her mother had transformed her into a 'Cù-Sìth'. She took on the form of a large dog to protect Skylynn and help him develop further into an Aos Si.