Chapter 27 - The Man-In-Black & The Hostile Takeover

Monday – August 24th 2020

A light rain drizzles over the city of Seattle as life was slowly returning back to normal. The clubs and restaurants were open, but only accepting a few customers at a time. Traffic was thickening like molasses as the city was in a false sense of security.

The COVID virus that killed almost 150,000 people in the United States was still out there, infecting those who have yet to catch the highly infectious disease. Even with the economy taking a plunge in the big box businesses, spending was still at an all-time high!

People were spending their money on clothes, jewelry, accessories, and beauty supplies. Online businesses have been flooded with orders that the companies were actually having trouble keeping up to customer demand -- including Sea Sprites.

With most retail businesses closed and the fear of COVID still lingering in the public's mind, even more people were turning to the non-discriminatory shopping online.

Nevertheless...shops just like Sea-Sprites have opened their doors once more in Seattle, just after a long extensive repair after the 'Summer Of Love' riots. Now, many continued to riot, due to being homeless, unemployed, and out of school. Overall, people were just bored out of their minds -- and it cost the city's major her job.

Nevertheless, life went on as the virus was beating apart Latin America like a baseball bat against a piñata. It was working far better then anyone could have ever imagined.

~~~

Eileen and her sister, Citra, both confidentially walked down the streets of downtown Seattle, heading to the Cadabra Corporate Headquarters on Terry Ave. Of all the businesses to have benefited from the pandemic, Cadabra was number one.

"Just think about it, sister." Eileen muttered "In a few years, this city will be purified! Our company will be in control of not only the lives of these humans, but also their minds! Our vison is almost complete!"

"Your vision!" Citra replies "I fear our actions have been noticed by the Na Breathnoiri."

"The Watcher's!?" Eileen scoffs out loud. "I do not fear a bunch of enchanted humans with subpar fae magic!"

"Well, I do!" Citra comments. "We play this by the book, or I am out!"

"Are you feeling wet around the gills, sis?" Eileen comments, mocking her "Remember...your name is on the paperwork in China! You have as much of a stake in this as I do!" Citra glances at her sister, giving her a glaring glance.

"I mean it, sister!" she says. "I've drawn up the paperwork for this merger!"

"And for that, I'm pleased." Eileen comments as they wait at the light. "But if our plan is to work, we need control over Cadabra and with its influence over all online shopping, we can start selling the vaccine with adds and marketing. I call it 'Buy A Shot to Save the World'; ingenious huh?"

Citra knows there is no use to arguing with her older sister. Since the time she lost her siren singing, she has been on a destructive path to make the world pay for robbing her happiness.

With the crosswalk meter saying: WALK, they crossed the street as they climb uphill towards Cadabra.

"I just hope you know what you are doing!" Citra replies "We've already had a breach of security with that one model!"

"Yeah...any luck on figuring out where he lives?" Eileen comments as Citra shakes her head. "Pity...this is a small city, he'll be back!"

~~~