7

Gray, Zach and Bea made their way down the forest, it had been at least twenty minutes since they had walked away from the water fall they had jumped into and now Bea could no longer hear the water falling. Zach had proposed that they walked south, or what he thought was south, and that they would eventually find someone or something.

Bea slapped a mosquito on her thigh and took a deep breath, she was worried that they could get lost, she was worried about her brother but above all she was worried that the thing back there decided to come back and what were the chances of out running a dinosaur twice?

"Look at that" whispered Gray, the forest was in such a silent state that his whisper echoed across the trees and Zach and Bea turned to look at Gray.

"What is it?" asked Bea.

Gray walked towards a tree and bent down near one of its exposed roots, he picked up something white and turned around to show Bea and Zach; Zach felt his stomach turn. Gray looked down at the safety helmet he was holding; the thing used to be white. He turned it in his hands as his heart started to accelerate, there was a claw whole that went from the front to the back, almost splitting the helmet in two; Bea walked towards Gray as Gray looked at the Jurassic World logo that was pasted on the front of the thing.

Bea gently took the helmet from his hands and looked down at the thing that now had blood marks over it; once again she wondered if her brother was still alive.

"We can't stay here" Zach's voice broke Gray and Bea from their trance, Bea turned to look at Zach and dropped the helmet over the floor, the plastic thing bounced and rolled a few inches away from Bea.

"What if it comes back?" asked Gray "That thing has obviously been here before"

"Maybe it's hunting elsewhere" answered Zach "If we stay here, it could find us Gray"

"Yes, we need to go" Bea said in a whisper, she felt a knot in her throat, her lungs starting to burn and she was sure she was about to start crying; she couldn't lose Owen, he was all she had left after the car crash.

"Bea come on" said Zach, he reached for her and gently tugged her left hand; the young woman's head snapped up and she looked at Zach with dead eyes for a second before he saw the fear in them and she nodded.

"Yes, of course"

The group started to walk again, walking away from the white helmet that lay over the ground, the first sign of destruction that they would come across as they tried to make their way back to the park blindly.

___________//____________

Owen drove like a mad man down the meadows, his eyes darting around the area trying to locate any other living thing that wasn't Claire and himself; but there was nothing. He took a turn to the left as Claire signalled him to head to a part of the park that was currently closed, he cursed Bea in his mind for having trespassed the sign; but as the shadows grew and spread over the car he wondered if his younger sister was still alive.

"Oh please Bea" thought Owen "You better be alive, dude"

"THERE!" screamed Claire, her arm extended forward.

Her screech startled Owen, who threw the wheel to the left and then hit the brakes as hard as he could as his eyes took in the form of the destroyed Gyrosphere. Owen and Claire sat in the car for a few seconds as they looked at the broken glass ball and they both feared the worse as Owen pushed his door open and stepped out as silently as he could, the last thing he wanted was for the I-Rex to come back for them.

"Oh God" he heard Claire whispered, he looked over his shoulder and saw her standing next to the car, her eyes locked over the broken glass and her left hand trembling over her lips.