39

Bea pulled over close to the gift shop were Claire had found the flare, the rain had stopped but the wind was chilly and the night had gotten darker; Zach looked down at his watch just to discover that it was just 10 pm, he turned to the door and pushed it open as Bea followed his lead.

Bea walked around the hood of the car and reached Zach, the young man looked at her and smiled, she gave him a tired smile and gently he entwined his fingers with hers and Bea started to lead Zach towards the safe zone; the young woman felt her whole body weigh a ton and every muscle in her body was either on fire or had magically turned into rubber.

"I think I'm going to pass out from exhaustion" whispered Bea as they walked towards a metal door that looked like a deposit door.

"That makes two of us" Zach said, his shoulder had turned numb and the blood had stopped gushing out.

Bea let go of Zach's hand and grabbed the handle of the door with both hands, she gave the handle a pull with all she had left of strength and the door swung up rapidly, sending Bea back and landing over Zach's feet.

"Jesus Christ, is something in this park thought correctly?" barked Bea, Zach extended his hand to her and after she took it, he pulled her up to her feet.

"People are locked in a basement?" asked Zach as he looked from Bea to the stairs that lead down; he could hear voices echoing from below.

"Don't ask me" sighed Bea "But if I am correct its ventilated and there is another way out and its divided like in sectors" she shrugged "I have no idea, I've never been inside, so I could be all wrong"

"Huh" whispered Zach, he turned to look at Bea "Well, what could go wrong, right?"

"Nothing" laughed Bea "Like everything today"

Zach chuckled and signaled the stairs to Bea "Ladies first, Miss Grady"

"Thank you" smiled Bea, she sighed and stepped over the first stair, she grabbed the handrail and continued to walk down, her knees wobbled under her weight; she heard Zach walking behind her as the noise inside the safe zone got louder and louder.

Bea felt instantly reenergized as she saw all the people that had survived, she smiled as she pushed away a strand of hair and as Zach stepped down next to her; both of them relieved of seeing so many people after being surrounded by deadly dinosaurs and by crazy people.

"We made it" whispered Bea, because until that moment it hadn't felt real, nothing had felt as real as being surrounded by other human beings and their annoying noises.

"We did" whispered Zach, he took her hand and gave her a soft squeeze before the cry of someone took their attention.

"ZACH!"

Zach turned around to see Gray running towards him, Lowery was standing a few feet behind, his hands in his pockets and a gentle smile over his face; Bea smiled at Lowery and nodded at him, the tech guy looked at her and nodded back too before Gray pulled Zach into a hug.

"Oh god" whispered Zach as he wrapped his arms around his brother, he knelt down and pulled Gray into a tighter hug "Oh god, you are ok" he whispered to his brother.

"You did it" whispered Gray "You guys made it, we called for help" Gray continued to explain, his arms still around Zach's neck and his face buried in Zach's shoulder "They will be here tomorrow noon"

"I told you I would come back" whispered Zach "I promised" Zach closed his eyes as he smiled, he held his brother tighter as he felt a few tears roll down his closed eyes "I'd never leave you here alone"

Gray pushed Zach away and turned to look at Bea, she looked at Zach and Gray and smiled softly, she had pushed her hands in her pockets too.

"You kept your promise" he smiled.