10

No one had to tell Zach what was going on, a few seconds after he heard the screeching he saw at least a dozen huge dino birds soaring the skies above him as they drove into a dirty road; Bea had to force herself out of her terror and looked around the meadows, if she was right, then this dirt road would lead them towards the gates she had been hopping to see ages ago.

"Are we close?" asked Zach, he heard the screeching getting closer, he still hadn't looked back to see what was going on.

"YES!" cried Bea, "Almost there!"

And just like if her words had been heard by any god, the metal gates appeared a few feet away from them, a couple of InGen security men stood over the bridge of the gates with a rifle each; Bea was hoping they wouldn't open fire against them.

At the high speed Zach was driving the Jeep, the car was almost at the doors in seconds, Bea wasn't seeing any of the guards make any attempt to open the gates for them, she turned to Gray and pulled her arm away from his painful grip and pushed herself up to her knees and started to wave her arms above her head.

"OPEN THE DOOR!" she screamed, she waved her arms harder as she screamed as loud as her lungs allowed her to.

"OPEN THE DOOR!" cried Gray next to Bea, she turned to look at him and saw the young boy waving his hands just like Bea was doing, the gates getting closer and closer to them and they were still closed.

"We are going to crash" thought Bea, they had escaped the mortal claws of a manmade dinosaur, they had fixed a ten or so year old car and they were going to crash against a metal gate because two assholes were ignoring them.

But those two assholes couldn't ignore the horrid screech that came behind the Jeep.

One of the guards looked up and instantly raised his rifle and started to shoot as the prehistoric birds flew over Gray, Bea and Zach. Bea wondered if the guards knew how dangerous those creatures were, she was almost sure they had no idea what was just flying up to them.

As the first guard started shooting at them, Gray and Bea watched as the second one rushed down some stairs; the gates getting closer to them.

"WE ARE GOING TO CRASH!" cried Zach.

"Open, open, open," Bea whispered, she couldn't believe the second security guard had ran to safety, leaving his partner behind.

She was gladly proven wrong.

The gates slowly started to open up for the Jeep as a few dinosaurs dove down and disappeared from view, Bea turned her attention to the doors, they were opening, but incredibly slow, and she was sure that even if Zach stepped on the brakes all the way, they wouldn't come to a stop before hitting the gates in front of them.

"HOLD ON!" cried Zach.

Bea had been right.

The Jeep went right between the gates but its left side hit one of the gates, throwing Gray against Bea, she grabbed him hard and pressed him against her chest as the car started to lose speed and finally came to a stop.

"Are you ok?" gasped Zach as he dropped his hands from the wheel and turned to look at Bea and at Gray.

"Y-Yes" whispered Gray, "I'm fine"

"Bea? Are you ok?" asked Zach, Bea slowly ripped her eyes from the scene before them and turned to look at Zach, suddenly an urge to kiss him before they got killed by some flying dinosaur invaded her but she looked away before she did anything.

"Yes, I am" she answered.

Zach, Bea and Gray turned their eyes to the park, they had finally made it to the park, but hell had broken lose in front of them as the Pteranodons and the Dimorphodons landed over the cement and started to terrorize the village.