34

Claire's high heels clicked and clacked against the stone path of the town; the street lights that hadn't been torn down by the I-Rex barely illuminated her path as she ran towards one of the most famous paddocks in all Jurassic World.

Claire came to a stop in front of the metal gates, she leaned over her knees and sucked some air in, sweat rolled down her neck and her hair was plastered against her forehead and her cheeks; the woman pushed herself up straight and looked down at the radio she had collected from the gift shop, she looked around and at the other side of the street she saw one of the cameras.

"Please Lowery," Claire thought before she pressed on the radio and talked into it. "Lowery?"

She let go of the button and waited in silence, her heart beating madly in her chest as she wondered how Owen was doing with the I-Rex-

"Claire?" sizzled Lowery's voice, Claire closed her eyes for a second with relief as she heard Lowery's voice.

"Can you see me?" asked Claire, she looked around, just in case the I-Rex had decided to come around.

"What? No" answered Lowery "Where are you?"

"I'm next to Paddock 9, can you see me?"

In the control room, Lowery was searching for the camera footage, Gray next to him was holding the radio, the sweat over his face had dried out and his body had started to weigh a ton.

"Yeah, I can see you" Lowery said after taking the radio from Gray's hand "We can see you"

"What's in paddock 9?" asked Gray, he leaned over the computer desk, his eyes locked over the huge screen at the end of the room.

"Rexie" answered Lowery as he waited for Claire to speak to him "Claire, are you there?"

"Listen Lowery" whispered Claire, she looked up at the camera and Lowery had the impression that she could see right through him. "I have a plan and I need your help"

"What kind of plan?" asked Gray, he slowly turned to look at Lowery, a small frown over his face as he wondered what his aunt was up to.

"What kind of plan?" Lowery asked into the radio.

Claire sighed and pulled the flare out of the waist of her skirt, she waved it in front of the camera and started talking.

"I think Rexie can take down the I-Rex" she explained "I need you to open paddock 9 for me"

Lowery went pale, he leaned over the desk and gulped, Gray was looking at him with his eyes big and clear; he understood what Claire said, not only because he could see the determination on her face but because the flare had reminded him of Ian Malcolm and the way he said in his book that he had used it to lure a T-Rex to himself.

Of course Gray didn't know that the T-Rex Ian Malcolm had lured was the same one Claire wanted to lure.

"What?" whispered Lowery into the radio "You can't be serious Claire, I know you remember how hard it was to find her out there in the jungle and how hard she is to control"

"I'm not going to control her" hissed Claire, of course she remembered when Masrani Global had asked InGen to look for Rexie, she was the oldest resident of Isla Nublar and Claire knew that if Rexie had survived almost 12 years on the lose before Jurassic World had opened, she wasn't about to let the I-Rex kill her.

"I can't do it" whispered Lowery, he sat down and covered his face "Claire, I can't just let her loose out there" he gulped and looked up at the camera footage.

"Dammit Lowery!" barked Claire, she glared at the camera because she was sure that Lowery was looking at her "Be a man and do something for once in your life!"