24

Owen walked Bea and Zach back to the car Claire had been driving, they had remained silent since they had left the Claire, Gray and Lowery back at the tech room. As they approached the car Owen stopped and Bea stopped a few steps away from him and turned around to look at her older brother, Zach walked all the way to the car and turned to look at Bea and Owen a feet or two away from him.

"You better answer your phone every time I call" said Owen, he scratched the back of his neck "You hear me?"

"I hear you" whispered Bea "It's charged so I'll pick up"

Owen glanced at Zach and when their eyes met Zach looked away and pushed his hands in his pockets.

"Be careful" whispered Owen "You promise me that you will be careful"

"I will" smiled Bea, "I promise Ow, I'll be careful; but you have to be careful too, you are the one that has to deal with that experiment thing"

Owen smiled and nodded "Look before you go, take this" Owen pulled an InGen gun from the back of his jeans and handed it to Bea.

Bea looked down at the gun and then looked back up at her brother, it had been a while since she had used a gun, and she had only used them inside a shooting range.

"I don't think I will need that" said Bea, she glanced at the gun and then at Owen.

"I want you to take it" said Owen "If you don't have to then you won't use it, but just in case"

Bea sighed heavily, she slowly raised her hand and placed it over the gun, her fingers gently curling around the weapon; Bea looked at Owen before she took the gun out of his hand and then pushed it inside her jeans, she knew the lock was on.

"I'll call you too" she said "But I'll call Lowery first once we set the communications back up, ok?"

"Ok" whispered Owen.

Bea smiled and then rapidly pulled her brother into hug, her arms wrapped around his waist, her head against his chest and her eyes closed for a second; Owen closed his eyes as he rested his chin over Bea's head and carefully passed his arms over her shoulders and took a deep breath.

"I love you" whispered Bea as she opened her eyes.

"I love you too, Bea bird" smiled Owen, he gently pushed Bea away from him and examined her gentle face, she was a little bruised up but he could deal with that later.

"I've got to go now, Ow" said Bea "Don't do something stupid, dude" and with that she turned on the ball of her heels and marched towards Zach, because if she stayed any longer with her brother she would start crying and she wasn't going to do that when she had to drive 20 minutes in the forest.

"Ready?" asked Zach as he looked at Bea.

"I am" smiled Bea, "But you will do the driving"

Zach chuckled and nodded, they climbed up in the car and when Bea turned to look at her brother, Owen was looking at her, his lips stretched into a thin line, his jaw tightened and his eyes fierce with a gentle shade of fear behind them.

"We'll be ok" whispered Zach.

"I know you are scared too" whispered Bea, she slowly turned to look at Zach "But I promised Gray I wouldn't let anything happen to you, and I always keep my promises"

Zach chuckled sadly and then looked at Bea, he tried to push away the image of his brother when they had said goodbye; his friendly eyes had been filled with tears and his jaw had been gently shaking and when Zach had hugged him, Gray had held to his older brother life he was clutching dear life, not wanting to let go.