40

Bea marched back through the sections, she had passed hundreds of people, she was almost sure that just about everyone had survived, but just about everyone didn't mean everyone, Bea shuddered as she remembered Zara being lift off the ground and then when she was dropped in the Lagoon and everyone knew what happened inside that Lagoon.

There was no coming back and the I-Rex was prove of that.

Bea glanced over her shoulder, she saw Owen and Claire giving each other love puppy eyes and she smiled as she looked away; it was true Claire and Bea had had a rough start, more than just rough they had hated each other the second they met but it was different now, they had saved each other's lives and that changed everything.

"Plus, she can give Owen a fight, boy does he need that" thought Bea as she remembered the way her brother was sometimes with women: cocky.

"BEA!" roared someone, scaring Bea out of her skin, she jumped to her right, her arms pulled up to her chest as she turned to look at the source of the scream.

"Jesus Christ do you want to kill me?" thought Bea as she located Monica, Michelle and Lisa rushing towards her.

Owen thought of stopping to see what the witches wanted but he decided against it, if his sister had been able to survive an I-Rex a bunch of stuck up young women shouldn't be a problem, instead he patted Bea's shoulder.

"I'll see you up front" he whispered before he walked away holding Claire's hand as Monica, Michelle and Lisa reached her.

"Hey" said Monica, she rapidly pulled Bea into a hug "Oh my god, where have you been?"

"Surviving" though Bea "I was with my brother and Zach and Gray and Claire"

"Who are those?" asked Lisa.

"Never mind" whispered Bea, "How did you guys get here?"

"Some guy in uniform" explained Michelle "When those things were up flying and taking people! You should have seen that! It was horrible"

"I saw" Bea looked at Michelle "I'm sure it was horrible" she sighed and turned to look at Lisa "I'm glad you guys are ok"

"They said help will get here during the day" continued Lisa, she pulled her phone out and checked the time before pushing it back in her jeans "God, I've never been so scared"

"Go figure" whispered Bea, Lisa frowned and looked at her friend "I think we were all scared" Bea looked around the safe zone and then back at her friends "Did a medic see you guys already?"

"Yeah" answered Monica "Have you seen one?"

"No" answered Bea, she shrugged "I'm going to see one in a few"

"Do you want us to come with?" asked Michelle, Bea looked at Monica rapidly and Monica looked down at her feet as wave of shame hit her.

"Well, you want to come with me now" thought Bea "Not when I actually needed you" Bea turned to Michelle "No, that's not necessary"

"Oh" whispered Michelle, she cocked her head to the left "Is your brother ok?"

"He's fine" answered Bea, she glanced at Monica again "I've got to go though, you guys should get some sleep and all while help comes, you know?"

"Where are you going?" asked Lisa, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"To be with my brother" explained Bea, she smiled and shrugged before she pushed her hands inside her shorts.

Lisa and Michelle looked at each other as Monica gave Bea a weak smile, Bea smiled back at Monica, she started to realize that she just liked Monica, despite everything Bea was aware that everyone made mistakes and maybe she could patch things up with Monica; but just her.