8

Zach had rolled up his sleeves and was now hunching over the hood of one of the Jeeps, Gray was looking at the engine as well, while Bea lingered behind them; she knew about dinosaurs, chemistry and biology, hell she even knew how to ride Owen's bike, but she had no idea about motors.

"I think we can make this work" Zach finally declared, he stood up straight and turned to look at Bea "We might need to change the battery, that thing died age ago"

"Where do we get another one?" asked Bea, she frowned and crossed her arms over her chest.

"The car we just passed" explained Gray "The destroyed one, we could go check if the battery is intact, we could put it inside this one"

Bea's eyes shined and Zach smiled as she looked from Gray to Zach, she dropped her arms next to her body; her smile got wider and Zach really wanted to kiss her right there.

"Yes!" she finally said "You guys can do that?"

"We can" smiled Gray "We fixed our grandpa's truck last summer"

"Oh my god!" smiled Bea "Yes, let's go get that battery then!"

"If you want too, you can stay here and I'll go with Gray" said Zach, he looked at Gray who nodded but Bea frowned.

"I am not staying here alone" she said "I am not staying anywhere alone as a matter of fact"

"Ok" laughed Zach, he raised his hands in surrender "I'm sorry"

"Oh no!" said Bea, not seeing that Zach was joking "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude"

"You weren't" smiled Zach.

"Can we go now?" asked Gray, he rolled his eyes as he saw Zach and Bea look at each other with puppy eyes.

"Yeah, let's go" smiled Bea, she blushed and looked away from Zach.

The trio walked out of the old Jurassic Park building and started to walk down their tracks, a few of their footprints were visible as they walked down the forest to get to the destroyed car. The walk back to the car took them about ten minutes, and as soon as they managed to get the hood up, Gray and Zach started to get the battery while Bea looked around to check there was no danger.

"There you go" Bea heard Zach chuckle, she turned around and hurried towards their side, Zach was holding the car battery and he had a charming smile over his face.

"Do you think that thing is out there?" asked Gray, he looked away from the battery and scanned the bushes and shrubs and trees around.

"Of course it's out there" said Zach, he frowned. Gray turned around to look at him, fear showing all over his face; Zach immediately regretted his words. "I mean, no I don't think its out there anymore"

Bea bit her lower lip and looked down at her feet, she eyed Gray from the corner of her eyes and then decided to give Zach a hand.

"I don't think it's here anymore" she said, Gray turned to look at her "It passed by here, I think it went the other way, you know? Past the Gyrospheres"

"Here" smiled Zach, he extended his hands and handed Gray the battery "You take it back, you've always been stronger than me" Gray took the battery, he knew Zach was lying, but he still smiled and turned around as Zach stood up; Bea watched Gray walking a few feet away and her heart ached for her own brother.

"You are good brother" whispered Bea.

"Because I just told him he was stronger than me? Or because I told him that monster was out there?" asked Zach, he could see Bea was about to cry.

"For the monster thing, obviously" she joked, rapidly she cleaned a tear away from her face and smiled as she looked at Zach.

"Don't cry" whispered Zach, he gently took Bea's hand and pulled her into a hug, she closed her eyes and a few tears rolled down her face as she thought about Owen and all the bad things that could have happened.

"I need to know where he is" Bea sniffed into Zach's neck.

"You will" he whispered, she hugged him tight. "We just need to get the car ready and you'll be able to see your brother, I'm sure"

"Ok" she whispered, her breath tickling Zach, he held her a few more seconds and then a voice made them jump away from each other.

"Are you two done hugging each other?"

Bea let out a noise between a chuckle and a sob and turned to look at Gray, he was clutching the battery like it was dear life; as a matter of fact it was dear life, she smiled at Gray just as Zach had to restrain himself from frowning at his brother.

"Yes we are" smiled Bea "We can go back now"

"Good" smiled Gray "You were taking too long"

Bea chuckled and wiped her face, she turned to look at Zach and slowly extended her hand out to Zach, it had been a while since she was comfortable with a guy. Zach looked down at her hand and gently intertwined his fingers with hers, she smiled at him and he smiled back at her, not noticing as a gentle blush spread rapidly across his face.

"Let's go, you have a car to fix" Bea joked as they all started to walk back to the old building.

___________//____________

Gray stepped away from the hood of the car, his brother was still hunching over it and was tightening something up with a wrench, or at least what Bea thought was a wrench. The young woman turned to look at the younger of the brothers and then back at Zach to finally looked back to Gray, her arms folded over her chest.

"Is it done?" asked Bea, Gray didn't seem to hear her. "Gray!"

Gray turned to look at her "Huh?" he asked.

"Is it done? Can we see if it starts now?"

"Yeah" smiled Zach as he pushed himself away from the hood, "Gray try to turn it on"

Gray hurried towards the driver's seat and pulled the door open, he hooped in side and turned the key in the ignition; the car grumbled but it didn't start. Bea felt her heart accelerate, if this didn't work, they would have to hike all the way back to the park and that could take all day and all night.

"Come on" smiled Zach, not losing hope "Again"

Gray tried again, once more the car grumbled and vibrated and then it roared back to life, after being dormant for years.

"YES!" cheered Zach, he marched towards his brother and high fived him.

"YAY!" cried Bea, Zach turned around to see her jump on her spot and then hurry towards him, she threw her arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight hug. Zach was taken aback but rapidly hugged her back with a smile over his face as Gray rolled his eyes, he thought Bea was nice, he liked her, but Zach was not doing a good job at hiding his likings for Bea, but then again, as Gray thought about it, Bea wasn't hiding it very well either.

"I can't believe you guys fixed this!" cried Bea, she pushed herself away from Zach and high fived Gray as well.

"Get in" smiled Zach, he turned to Gray "Passenger seat buddy"

Gray nodded and fidgeted towards the other seat as Bea hopped on the back seat of the Jeep, Zach jumped in at the driver's position and took a deep breath.

"Let's get out of here" smiled Zach.

Their joy was short lived as a roar broke the silence of the jungle, Bea and Gray looked at the ceiling, the roar hadn't been that close to them but it didn't sound that far either.

"Get us out of here Zach" said Gray.

"Now please" added Bea, she placed her hand over his shoulder as Gray looked at his brother with fear in his eyes.

Zach didn't have to be told twice, he stepped on the accelerator and the car jumped to life and zoomed out of the old garage it had been sitting in for years just as Owen and Claire pushed the door with the engraved dinosaurs open further than they had done.