29

Owen looked at the I-Rex, the creature was looking back at them with her big yellow eyes and Owen wasn't so sure anymore that anyone would ever be capable of taking her down. Blue looked over her shoulder and Owen looked back at her; the raptor emitted a bird like sound before she turned her attention back to the I-Rex.

Claire watched as Blue communicated something to her sisters and the two raptors looked at her, the one Claire thought was Delta but was really Echo, answered back to Blue and they all turned their attention to the I-Rex, hissing with anger.

The I-Rex watched closely as Blue turned to look at Owen and then started to communicate with her sisters; the I-Rex understood what they were talking about, she was smarter than the three raptors would ever be, she was stronger too, she didn't fear the raptors. But the I-Rex did think that it would be better to take down the raptors and the two humans before turning her attention to the crowded heat spot that she was sensing very close by.

The huge and intimidating creature leaned down, her front legs almost touching the floor below her; the animal that was undeniably beautiful just as she was dangerous, took a deep breath and then roared with all her lungs had to give, and they had a lot to give.

Claire flinched and took a few steps back, Owen grabbed her arm but did not move, he wanted to cry at Blue to run but the raptors had other things in mind; Blue made a gurgling sound and Echo and Delta hissed in respond before the three raptors jumped forward and started to run towards the I-Rex.

"No!" thought Owen, his heart sinking to his stomach "NO!"

"Owen let's go!" cried Claire, she pulled at Owen's arm and he turned around to look at her, for a moment he had forgotten about everything that was not the safety of his raptors. "Come on!"

Owen turned on the ball of his feet and took Claire's hand firmly in his, he looked on last time over his shoulder to watch as Delta jumped forward and landed over the I-Rex's face, he gulped and then started to run with Claire next to him; he knew Lowery had already called for help to Costa Rica, so their mission now was to keep the I-Rex away from the safe zone.

"Oh dude, please don't come back now" thought Owen as he remembered Lowery telling him that Bea and Zach were on their way back to the park. "Stay were you are, Bea"

"We have to keep her away from the east side of the park!" cried Claire, she stopped and with a forceful pull she managed to make Owen stop next to her. "Look at me!" Owen looked at her "We need to keep her away from the east side"

"How do we do that?" asked Owen.

"Luring her away" said Claire in an obvious tone "Because unless you have a plan to kill her, we need to keep her away from the safe zone"

"Of course I don't have a plan to kill her" said Owen, he heard a screech from one of the raptor and he prayed that none had died "Have you seen how big she is?"

"Then we keep her here" said Claire.

Owen looked at Claire, he didn't want her there, he didn't want Claire to get hurt, he cursed himself for not making her stay back with Lowery and Gray; he looked at her.

"You need to go back to Lowery and Gray" said Owen, determination over his face.

"What?" gasped Claire, she heard crashing and she was sure the I-Rex would reach them in any second now "What are you talking about?"

"You need to go back" said Owen "I don't want you here, you could get hurt and that is that last... but before he could finish Claire slapped him across the face.

"You listen to me Owen Grady!" barked Claire she was pointing at him with anger flowing out of her body, Owen looked at her with shock "You don't get to tell me what to do, I am staying here and I am helping you keep that thing away from the safe zone whether you like it or not, so stop acting like a child and let's do this"

Owen opened his mouth to say something but closed it again, long ago had he forgotten about the slap, an amused smile appeared over his dirty face.

"God, I could kiss you right now"

Claire rolled her eyes, but smiled briefly "We don't have time for that right now"

___________//____________

As Delta jumped forward and landed over the I-Rex's face, Blue zig zagged between the creature's legs and with one rapid movement she jumped and dug her razor sharp claws on the side of her stomach and climbed up the I-Rex's body up to her back.

The I-Rex screeched in pain as she felt a pair of claws digging into the soft flesh of her stomach, she turned around but an attack to her eyes made her flinch and close her eyes as her hand reached to her head to try to shove the raptor of her face. Delta managed to squirm away from the I-Rex's hand; she moved out of reach but continued to scratch the thing's head with her hands and the claws on her hind legs.

Echo snarled as she saw her sister in danger, she had seen Blue escalate up the I-Rex's belly and was now safely out of reach as she bit and scratched at the monster's back. Echo jumped forward, her back claws forward and her teeth showing, she landed over the I-Rex's shoulder and bit as hard as she could, she felt her teeth dig into the flesh and blood started to gush out; the raptor started to climb up the I-Rex as the thing roared with anger when she was grabbed, fingers curling around her middle and with a scream of rage Echo was pulled away from the I-Rex and she flew across the air and landed inside a store.

Echo hissed with anger as the I-Rex grabbed her, she bit down but was quickly grabbed and thrown away; the raptor landed inside a store with glass shattering against her, millions of pieces flying around and much more hurting Echo. The raptor landed over the floor of the store but did not stand up.

Blue snapped her jaws with fury, she had seen her sister fly across the air and land out of sight, Blue hissed and she heard Delta hiss back; both of them extremely angry about what had just happened to Echo.

The I-Rex had had enough of this things crawling all over her, she was bleeding and irritated; it was time to end this thing. She screamed with anger and her hand flew over her head as she stood up on her hind legs, she grabbed the raptor that had been scratching at her eyes and threw her violently into a restaurant that was just a few feet away from them.

Blue watched as Delta was ripped off the I-Rex's head, she stopped biting and followed Delta with her sight as the I-Rex threw Delta inside a restaurant and things shattered inside, she heard her sister growl but she did not come back; it was all up to her now.

Blue moved up the spine of the I-Rex, avoiding the I-Rex's hands as they flew around trying to grab Blue and throw her away just like she had done with both of Blue's sisters. The I-Rex screamed and cried with pain and anger as the raptor scratched and bit her; she could feel the blood rolling down her body and she was pissed.

Blue bit down over the I-Rex's shoulder and just as she let go, the huge grey hand grabbed Blue by her middle, like she had done with Delta and Echo and pulled her of the I-Rex's body. Blue squirmed and scratched, hissing and snapping her jaws, the I-Rex brought Blue up to her face and roared as hard as she could to Blue, the raptor didn't flinch as she tried to hurt and wound the monster; the I-Rex snarled and then threw Blue forward, she watched as the raptor flipped and flew across the sky and then landed near a stone and moved no longer.

Now that she had the pests away from her, the I-Rex scanned the area, she narrowed her yellow eyes and dropped over all fours as she sniffed the air; she had gotten rid of the raptors, but where were the humans?

She inhaled deeply and then roared loudly one more time before she started to trot towards the stench of sweat and blood that she had recognized over the two humans.