11

The chaos that had engulfed the small town of Jurassic World was like nothing Owen had ever seen before; people were running around like headless chickens, flying dinosaurs were soaring the skies and some of the tourists were being picked up by the beasts and taken off into the skies and to a certain death.

Owen had pulled his rifle over his head, and had been able to take down two dinosaurs that had tried to attack Claire and himself; this was a disaster that not even InGen would be able to contain. Owen turned to look at Claire, the beautiful woman was hunching over, her hands over her head as she tried to scan the area with her sight, looking for Gray and Zach; two boys Owen had no idea what they looked like.

"Maybe they went back to the hotel!" Claire panted as she grabbed Owen's forearm, she looked around, sweat beads over her forehead and hair sticking to her face.

"Ok" said Owen, he wasn't sure Claire could hear him over the screams of the terrified tourists and the screeches of the flying animals.

"Owen!" cried Claire, she tugged at his arm, clearly she hadn't heard him. Owen's head snapped towards her, her eyes had grown twice their size.

"I heard you" he answered, not irritated, not scared; he scanned the surroundings, he was analyzing a way of getting Claire out of here, the last thing he wanted was for Claire to get hurt by one of these flying things.

Owen turned to look at the figure of the hotel, the building stood a few feet away from them and Owen was almost sure they could make a clean run to it. He looked at Claire, she looked at him and nodded, Owen took her hand and in seconds they had started to run, pushing people out of the way, and his hand curled up tightly around the rifle.

A Dimorphodon landed a feet away from Claire and Owen, Claire screamed and Owen pulled her behind him, letting go of her hand and grabbing the rifle with both hands; his military training allowed him to act so fast that Claire barely registered what happened; Owen aimed at the dinosaur and with one rapid and precise shot the animal dropped dead over his left side.

Owen turned to look at Claire, she was hunching over but she still looked tall enough, she was panting and sweating, Owen stepped forward, wanting to see if she was hurt but instead his sight flew to something a few feet to Claire's right, behind her.

A Dimorphodon was trying to make his way up to the sky with a kid in his claws, an older boy was screaming as he held on to the boy under the Dimorphodon's claws; Owen's jaw tighten, the last thing he wanted was to see a couple of kids being killed by a dinosaur. The raptor trainer was about to take a step forward, he wanted to aim his rifle to the dinosaur but a rock flew up and hit the animal right on the face, Owen was taken aback.

Owen watched as the dinosaur let go of the boys and screeched loudly, before it could even being to flap its wings, another rock hit the animal on the face and the creature fell on the floor and out of Owen's sight; he was only glad to know that people out there were able to protect themselves.

"Are you ok?" asked Owen, he stepped towards Claire.

"Yes" she looked at him, with the light behind him, Claire had to admit that Owen was looking incredibly breathtaking. "Are you?"

"Yes, I think we...URGH!" roared Owen, Claire only had time to stumble back before she fell over her butt as a Pteranodon started to scramble over Owen's back as his rifle spin away from him.

"OWEN!" screamed Claire, she got on fours and fished for the rifle, she grabbed the handle before a running man kicked it away, she turned to look at Owen, the Pteranodon had been joined by a second of its kind.

Owen had managed to turn over his back, one of the Pteranodons was holding one of Owen's legs with its strong beak while the second one was standing over his chest trying to bite the man's face and neck as Owen threw punches and tried to kick the bird off his legs; he cried in pain as the animal over his chest bit his arm and drew blood.

Claire pushed herself over her feet, she stumbled as one of her high heels threatened to throw her to the ground but she was able to maintain balance and aimed the rifle, Claire's lower lip trembled, and with one of her hands she pushed her hair out of her face, she had never in her life use a gun. But as the bird over Owen's chest grabbed his arm and once more drew blood, Claire pulled the trigger and the bird was pushed out of Owen's chest and fell over the floor.

The Pteranodon screeched and squirmed, its long wings flapping as blood started to pour out of its chest, but it was still fighting to get back up and get Owen; Claire didn't lose time and shot the second Pteranodon right between the eyes, the animal let go of Owen's leg and dropped dead next to him. Owen jumped to his feet, his arms aching terribly and blood rolling down, but it wasn't very serious, he turned to Claire, the woman was holding the rifle and was aiming at the floor, Owen took a step forward but Claire pulled the trigger and Owen jumped back; his face full of shock.

Owen looked up at Claire and then followed her sight, she was looking down at the Pteranodon that had been biting at Owen's arms; it was now lying over the floor lifeless. The young man looked up at Claire, she was looking at him, her eyes intense and no longer afraid, she looked fierce and Owen couldn't believe how beautiful she looked.

Claire rushed towards Owen, he opened his mouth to ask her if she was alright but Claire had other things in mind; she crashed her lips against his and Owen rapidly passed his uninjured arm around her waist and pulled her closer as he kissed her back; the kiss was interrupted by a cry of his name.

___________//____________

As Bea told them that she played Baseball, a sound between a snort and a chuckle escaped Zach's lips; it wasn't only her answer, but the casual tone she had used to answer Gray's question. The young woman looked at Zach, she was panting and as Zach lowered his gaze, he noticed that Bea's right hand was trembling slightly, that was probably the hand she had used to throw the rocks.

"Are you ok?" asked Zach, he stepped towards Bea, she looked at him and nodded.

"Let's keep going" whispered Bea, she turned her attention to the hotel, they were so close to safety that there was no way they were stopping now.

Zach and Gray nodded, and just when they were about to start running the sounds of nearby shooting echoed through the sky; Zach and Gray hunched over, covering their heads while Bea looked around the hunched over people to see that on earth was happening; in her life with Owen she had heard one to many gun shots to be startled by them anymore.

Bea saw a couple of Pteranodons lying over the floor with blood gushing out of their bodies, she frowned and looked around, if someone had fired a gun it was probably someone from InGen, after all no one else was allowed to have guns in the park; hope build in her chest as she thought of Owen, he was one of the few allowed to have guns.

"What was that?" asked Zach, he slowly stood up straight, Gray following his lead.

"Gun shots" answered Bea, she looked around and what she saw only made her roll her eyes. "You have got to be kidding me Owen Grady" she thought.

"What are you... started Gray but Bea cut into his sentence.

"OWEN GRADY!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, putting her hands around her mouth to make her scream echo.

Zach and Gray turned on the ball of their feet and looked around, their eyes stopped over their aunt as she pulled away from the kiss and an embrace of a tall, blond and well-built young man; both Claire and the man looked at the kids and then they started to run towards Gray and Zach.