28

While Owen and Claire gasped with the appearance of the I-Rex and the three remaining raptors questioned what to do next, Bea and Zach sat petrified inside the control room, holding hands and looking at Hoskins and his threatening gun.

Bea held Zach's hand tightly, she was forcing herself to not pant and lose control, but as she watched Hoskins getting closer her mind started to work as fast as Owen had always told her it should.

"We were just calling for help" said Zach, his voice came out strong despite the fact that he was terrified.

"That's really what I was hoping you wouldn't do" explained Hoskins, he shrugged and pointed at the computer behind Bea with his gun; Bea grabbed Zach's hand harder as she sucked in all the air she could, the last thing she wanted was Hoskins shooting at her.

"Oh god, please don't let him shot" Bea thought as she released some of the grip she had over Zach's hand.

"Hoskins please" Bea forced herself to say "The only way out of this hell whole is calling for help in Costa Rica, do you not get that?"

"I'm going to have to ask the two of you to get away from the computer" Hoskins said, ignoring everything Bea had just told him.

Bea looked from Hoskins' face to the gun he was still holding and pointing towards them and after all Bea and Zach had survived, she had never felt so scared as she was feeling right now. Bea forced herself to stand up, her legs had turned into rubber and if Zach hadn't pushed himself up first, she probably would have crashed to the floor, face first.

"You can put the gun down now, Hoskins" said Bea loud enough "Please"

"Huh" smirked Hoskins, he cocked his head to the left "Were did all your arrogance go, Grady?"

Bea clenched her jaw, but decided not to say anything, she was too scared that whatever she spat back would push Hoskins into a shooting mood.

"You don't have to point at us with that thing" said Zach, he extended his hand forward, in a signal to show Hoskins that they meant no harm.

"Well, you are all going to be one happy family, aren't you?" mocked Hoskins, Bea noticed as he lowered his gun inches "Owen and Claire and the two of you, how marvelous"

"Jealous?" spat Bea "Huh? That not even raptors can handle being near you?"

The gun in Hoskins hand lowered even more as he glared at Bea with rage in his eyes, his jaw was clenched and after what she had just spat at him, Bea knew it was now or never; without taking her eyes from Hoskins she whispered to Zach.

"Run"

Zach turned to look at her, Hoskins frowned and an evil smirk appeared over his lips "What was that, Grady?"

"Fuck off!" barked Bea, and without a second thought, her free hand disappeared behind her back and the next thing Zach knew was that a shot had been fired over Hoskins head and the lamp above him shattered into a million pieces.

Hoskins roared as he covered his head as the light above him shattered, the last thing he had ever thought about was that Bea had a gun hidden in the back of her shorts. Another shot was fired and the computer next to Hoskins exploded as he heard Bea's voice scream something.

"RUN!" cried Bea once more, she kicked the chair she had been sitting on, away and started to run between the rows of computers, her fingers firmly entwined with Zach's as she pulled him behind her; while Hoskins got over his shock and stood up.

"Fuck you Grady!" roared Hoskins, he grabbed the gun with both hands and fired, the bullet crossed the space between himself and Zach, the bullet scrapping his shoulder and then landing on the wall behind him.

Bea pushed the emergency door open with the hand she was using to hold the gun, she heard Zach scream but before she turned around to look what was wrong she pulled him inside the emergency hallway and started to run up the stairs, the last thing she wanted was for Hoskins to get to them, and especially now that she had shot at the man twice.

They reached a hallway and Bea looked around, next to her Zach had doubled over and was leaning over his knees, panting. Bea bit her lower lip, but as soon as she heard Hoskins running up the stairs they had just used, Bea started to run towards one of the doors.

Bea closed the door and leaned against it, Zach dropped himself on the floor, Bea closed her eyes for a few seconds, the pain in her ribs was excruciating and she was now sure that she had a broken rib. Bea heard Hoskins run past the door, she kept her ears open before she opened her eyes and knelt down next to Zach, he was panting and had his eyes closed.

"What happened?" she asked, fear in her voice, she placed a hand over his lap "What happened? Did he hit you?"

Zach opened his eyes and looked at Bea, she was holding the gun in her left hand while she touched his lap with her right hand; her eyes showed fear and worry but all Zach could do was nod.

"Let me see" she whispered, Zach moved to show Bea his wounded shoulder. "Oh god" she whispered "Ok, ok"

"How bad is it?" he whispered, he could feel wam blood rolling down his shoulder and his arm.

"It didn't really hit you" explained Bea "It scrapped your shoulder but it didn't go through" she gulped "Ok, ok, we need to get out of here, we need to get back to the car"

"I don't even think we know where we are" Zach tried to smile, Bea winced with fear, she bit her lower lip once more.

"We need to get out of this room before that maniac comes back" she said, she grabbed Zach's unharmed arm and helped him up; it might have just been a scrapping but god was the pain unbearable.

Bea opened the door slowly, she poked her head out and scanned the corridor, she pushed the door open fully and Zach stepped out, with Bea walking out of the room behind him, her gun up to her chest level and firmly trapped between her two hands.

"You said the control room was second floor down, right?" whispered Bea, she glanced at Zach over her shoulder and then rapidly turned back to the other end of the hallway, she was sure Hoskins had gone that way.

"Yes" whispered Zach, he was holding his wounded shoulder with his other hand.

"Ok" whispered Bea "Then we are just one floor under from the entrance"

"We can go through the emergency staircase... Zach started to explain as he walked towards the emergency door, Bea walking with her back to him and her eyes locked over the other end of the hallway; something in her told her that bad things were about to happen.

"I didn't know I had an army mode to set into" thought Bea as she thought of all the things Owen had ever taught her.

"Bea come on" said Zach, Bea lowed her gun to her hips and turned to look at Zach, he was holding the door open with his foot, Bea gave him a weak smile but the hair on the back of her neck stood up when she saw Zach's eyes grow in size.

Bea didn't have to turn around to know what was happening, she cried to Zach to run through the door just as she turned on the ball of her feet, a bullet flying next to her face but missing her ear by half an inch; Bea rose the gun and fired as Zach dashed up the stairs.

Hoskins ducked and hid behind a wall, Bea's bullet impacting over the white wall, she counted the rounds she had left just as she turned back to the door and ran through it; Hoskins screaming and dashing after her.

Bea pushed the door of the main floor open and looked around the hallway, she stepped into the corridor and closed the door; she gulped as she lowered her gun all the way and frowned, she wasn't upset, she was terrified.

"Where's Zach?" was all she could think off before she had to run to look for shelter.