22

Claire felt her soul return to her body as they drove back inside the park, yes, they had been escaping the park a few hours ago when the Pteranodons and the Dimorphodons had taken over the skies, but right now the flying dinosaurs sounded better than the I-Rex and her new raptor pack.

On the back, Bea, Zach and Gray were sitting looking out the flapping doors, one of the doors so damaged by Charlie that Gray was sure it would come unhinged at any moment now; in front of them Owen was riding his bike in silence but Gray had noticed the way his eyes scanned Bea and Zach, mostly Zach.

"Are we almost there?" asked Zach, he looked over his shoulder and stared at the small open window that lead to Claire.

"We are here!" sang Claire, she couldn't mask the glee in her voice as she thought that Zach, Gray and Bea would be safer in the park than any other place.

Without a warning, Claire stepped over the brakes, the car jumped forward and then slumped back throwing Gray forward and if Bea and Zach hadn't grabbed his arms the young boy would have flown out of the car and probably land over Owen.

Owen threw his bike to the left, he hadn't just survived an attack from Blue to be taken down by a car; his bike screeched as he skidded to avoid the car and pushed his leg of the bike to stop his fall, the bike stopped and Owen turned to the car with anger flaring from his eyes.

"What the hell?!" he barked.

Zach stepped off the car, he extended his hand to Bea as his brother jumped off the car, Bea took his hand and painfully jumped off; her ribs ached tremendously and the air didn't come as it should be doing it.

"Are you ok?" asked Zach, he frowned as he looked at her.

"I will when we get out of here" smiled Bea, she cocked her head to the left and had to admit that although Zach looked quiet and reserved, there was something about him that screamed; screamed in an incredibly good way.

"Step away from the blondie, man" called Owen's voice, Gray laughed as Bea rolled her eyes and stepped away from Zach and turned to glare at her brother.

"Would you stop it already?!" barked Bea, her brow knitted together.

"Would YOU stop it already?" hissed Owen, he looked down at his sister.

Bea looked up at her older brother and rolled her eyes with annoyance, she huffed loudly and turned away from Owen and marched towards Claire who was just stepping out of the car; her legs trembling and she was sweating horribly although the air had started to cool down.

"Are you ok?" asked Bea as she reached Claire.

Claire jerked around to look at Bea, her chest rising and falling rapidly and Bea had the impression that the woman was about to throw up; unwillingly, Bea stepped towards Claire and placed her right hand over Claire's shoulder.

"You did great, Claire" smiled Bea, she hadn't seen anything Claire had done but they were still alive so that had to mean something.

"Thank you" croaked Claire, she raised her left hand and wiped away some sweat away from her forehead. "I'm...

"I'm scared too" smiled Bea "We all are"

Claire looked at Bea and was only able to give the young woman a weak, sickly smile as Bea looked at her with kind eyes; this was the first time since they had met that Claire could actually say that she liked Bea.

Zach and Gray marched towards the two women with Owen stalling behind them, Claire looked at them and walked rapidly towards her nephews, she crashed on her knees and pulled Gray into a hug and grabbed Zach's hand, Zach smiled and gave her a squeeze as Gray hugged Claire back.

Owen and Bea looked at each other, while Gray, Zach and Claire and been hugging since all this had started, Owen and Bea had only been fighting, Owen smiled at Bea and before Bea could say something to Owen, her phone started to ring loudly.

Bea fished for her phone rapidly and pulled it out, the thing almost slipping out of her hands, she took the call and pressed the phone against her ear.

"Hello" said Bea, she looked at Claire and Claire knew that Lowery was on the other end of the line. "Yeah, we just got here, give me a sec"

Bea handed the phone to Claire and Claire took it rapidly, she took a few steps away from the group and Owen frowned.

"It's Lowery, Owen, relax" said Bea, she saw her brother blush, she wasn't sure if with anger or what, and he turned to look at her "We have to go meet with him"

"You three are done playing Rambo today" said Owen "I took you with me and Blue and Echo almost killed you"

"And the other one" said Zach.

"Charlie" said Gray and Bea together.

"Charlie?" asked Owen.

"She was the one to damage the doors" explained Bea "Or did you think they came like that?"

Owen rolled his eyes and focused on Gray "What happened? How did you get her off?"

"I zapped her" explained Gray, he turned around and pointed at the rod that lay on the floor of the car "With that thing"

"Oh" said Owen, a smile appearing over his face "Yeah dude!" he messed Gray's hair and turned to Zach and Bea. "You two are done playing Rambo, this Jedi here knows what he's doing"

"What is the matter with you?" barked Bea "We were helping"

"You hit me with a battery" said Owen as he looked at his sister "On the chest" he folded his arms over his chest "While I was driving" he raised his right eyebrow "To get away from a man eating dinosaur"

"I missed, I'm sorry" said Bea "You didn't fall"

"And your boyfriend almost hit me on the face"

"I'm sorry about that" whispered Zach.

"Besides, almost doesn't really count" explained Bea "Not in this case anyway"

"Lowery wants to talk to us" explained Claire, before Owen could continue arguing with Bea and Zach.

Gray and Bea jumped of their skins, no one had heard Claire walking up to them, Bea turned to look at her and Claire handed the phone back to Bea, Bea took it and pushed it in her pocket.

"Where is the safe zone?" asked Owen "We need to get them there"

Claire looked at Owen and then looked at the youngsters, yes, she agreed that they had to get them to the safe zone, but the safe zone wasn't nearby and right now Claire needed to talk to Lowery about what had happened

"It's not close" explained Claire "We can leave them with Lowery"

Owen rolled his eyes, he couldn't believe this was happening, he was supposed to get his sister out of trouble and he was doing the exact opposite; he gave up, at least he would be able to keep an eye on this handsy kid.

As Claire started to lead the way towards the building, the sun almost dead now, Bea fell behind and started to walk next to her brother, Owen looked at her and raised his left eyebrow at her.

"What?" asked Owen.

"Is Barry ok?" she asked.

Owen's face softened "Yes, he is" Bea smiled and nodded before she asked the one question Owen had forgotten to ask himself.

"Where's Hoskins?"

___________//____________

Hey! I'll be trying to update every day or every other day! This chapter might have been a little boring but it was a necessary one! :D hope you guys have a great day!