9

The Jeep zoomed through the forest, bumping over exposed roots and crushing dead leaves and small branches; Gray and Bea kept glancing back while Zach had his eyes locked over the road he was just making, not daring to look away.

Bea turned her attention back to the road, the forest trees starting to gain distance between each other and the muddy ground was starting to be replaced with bright green grass, she leaned forward, gripped herself from the front seats.

"Turn to the left, Zach" she whispered to him.

Her breath tickled Zach's neck, he glanced at her, unsure if he should actually turn to the left or continue on the road they had been following.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes!" said Bea, she turned to glance back and then back to Zach "Do it"

Zach threw the wheel to the left, the car hit an over exposed root that made the Jeep balance itself over two wheels for a split second before it crashed back on the road, Bea and Gray holding to dear life to anything they could. Zach had his heart on his throat but he wasn't about to show that, he gained control of the car rapidly and sooner than later the forest disappeared around them and they entered a beautiful looking meadow that should have been full of roaming dinosaurs but instead was deserted.

"Yes!" cried Bea, she leaned further between the two front seats, Zach eyed her by the corner of his eyes as Gray looked over her shoulder just to check that nothing was running behind them.

"You know where we are right?" asked Zach.

"Yes!" cried Bea with excitement, she couldn't believe that they had made it that fast; through these meadows they would get to one of the back gates of the park; one strictly used to bring in dinosaurs, they had walked the T-Rex through those same doors years ago to get her to her cage.

"How far until we get somewhere?" asked Gray, he couldn't stop looking back, something in the core of his soul was telling him that something bad could happen if he didn't keep on checking.

"Maybe thirty minutes" answered Bea, her eyes locked over the tall grass in front of them, looking so untouched and undisturbed by the hideous creature that had almost killed them "Maybe even less"

"Oh god yes" whispered Zach "We can get out of this....

But his sentence was cut short when in the far distance a Booming sound was heard, Gray and Bea snapped their necks back to scan their surroundings, Zach wanted to look back but at the speed he was going he could probably lose control of the car and they could crash.

"What's happening?!" he cried.

Bea and Gray were squinting, their ears alert to any kind of sound and their eyes scanning the trees as they got smaller with each passing second; everything looked perfect, nothing seemed out of order...

Bea was the first one to start shrieking like a Banshee, Gray started to shake in fear but soon started to scream as well; behind the wheel Zach turned to look at his brother, barking at him to tell him what was happening.

"GRAY!" cried Zach, he let go of the wheel with one hand and grabbed his brother, making him looked at him "What is happening?!"

"DRIVE!" screamed Bea, she lounged forward and fell over Gray, her left knee hitting Zach over the shoulder, she turned around as Gray clenched to her like dear life; Zach could see the terror in their eyes and suddenly he didn't want to know what was happening behind them.

And then he heard the screeching sounds.

___________//____________

Owen and Claire stepped out of the Jeep up on a hill, they had lost track of the Jeep the youngsters were driving, but Owen was sure that Bea was heading the Jeep back to the park, she had learned her way around the meadows and he didn't doubt she could make it there. The pair had stopped at the hill as a helicopter had passed them, Owen extremely concerned that the noise of it would call the I-Rex's attention.