13

Bea had not noticed her brother's killer glare through the review mirror as Gray pushed himself towards the space between the two front seats and pushed her closer to Zach; apparently only Gray had noticed Owen's intentions. Claire on the other hand was holding herself so hard from her seat that her nails had started to hurt, her breathing came in gasps as Owen tried to avoid hitting people and later avoided driving right up to one of the gates Zach had used to drive inside the town.

"Who's Hoskins?" asked Zach, he looked around the car and by the rear of his eyes noticed Owen looking at him, he gulped and turned his attention to Bea.

"My brother's boss" explained Bea, she tried to smile at Zach "He's an asshole"

"Oh" said Zach, he glanced at the review mirror but currently Owen had his attention over the road as they drove into the tall grass meadows that the trio had been trying to escape from.

"That I-Rex you talked about back at the hotel," started Gray, he turned his attention to his aunt as the woman started to relax in her seat, "What is that? I've never heard of anything like that"

Owen snorted with anger as he thought of how stupid Masrani had been for asking for a hybrid, he glanced at Claire, she gulped and turned to look at Gray.

"Her name is Indominus Rex" answered Claire, she looked at Owen "She is one of her kind, Gray, she...

"They made her" Owen added rapidly "She isn't supposed to exist"

"What do you mean you made her?" asked Zach, he pushed himself forward a bit "Everything here is made"

"They made this one" explained Owen "They mixed things in a pot and that thing came out"

"Why would you do that?" asked Zach, he turned to look at his aunt.

"That's the million dollar question" barked Owen, Zach looked at Owen and sat back down next to Bea.

"Masrani wanted something fierce, something scary and the lab gave us this" explained Claire.

"You cooked up a dinosaur, probably not a good idea" whispered Bea, Zach looked at her and tried to smile. "How dangerous is she?"

"She attacked you, you should know how dangerous it is" hissed Owen, Bea looked at her brother and narrowed her eyes.

"Why is he angry at me now?" she barked in her mind.

"I know she attacked us" she spat at her older brother "I just want to know if she is Rexie dangerous"

"She's worse" answered Claire, she looked down at her hands, she was just starting to realize the kind of creature they were going against.

"Worse how?" asked Gray.

"The lab handed us two of them" Claire explained, she took a deep breath "We put them in their environment and they started to grow fast"

"You are telling me there are two of those things out there?" gasped Bea "Are you kidding me?"

"She's the only one of her kind" Claire answered.

"What happened to the other one?" asked Owen, he frowned and looked at Claire, she looked at him and rapidly looked down at her hands.

"She killed it"

A mortal silence fell inside the car, Claire looked up and glanced at Owen, he had his eyes locked over the improvised road but his jaw was clenched tight, she glanced at the three younger people behind; Gray had lost all his color, Zach sat looking at her with his mouth gapped open and Bea had a horrified look over her face.

"You are kidding me, right?" Bea spoke slowly "That can't be true"

"It is" whispered Claire, "She eat part of it and left the rest close to the gates just a few days after we put them in the den"

"Why would she do that?" asked Gray.

"To show them she was stronger than they were" answered Owen "To let them know who was in control"

"Oh shit" whispered Bea, "You have got to be joking, this is worse than the Jurassic Park disaster"

"Really, genius? Didn't cross my mind" hissed Owen.

"Is he serious?" Bea roared in her mind "Why is he acting like a five year old?"

"Jesus Christ, chill"

"I can't chill!" barked Owen, he looked at Bea through the review mirror, she was looking at him with a frown and her eyes showed a hostility Owen had seen just a few times "You almost got yourself killed by that thing! And then you go around throwing rocks at flying beasts and now... he didn't finish, he looked back to the road and bit his tongue, everyone in the car looking at him with shock from his outburst.

"Now what?" barked Bea "You are the one who was making out with the enemy, not me!"

"Hey!" said Claire, she turned to look at Bea, who shrugged and looked back at her brother.

"But you want to kiss it!" barked Owen, he grabbed the wheel harder and took a violent turn to the left to avoid what he thought was a trunk but as they drove away it took the shape of a smaller dead dinosaur.

"What are you talking about?!" screamed Bea, she pushed her way towards the space Gray had been occupying "I have no intentions of kissing Ms. Dearing here! What the hell is the matter with you?"

"I meant him!" screeched Owen, his right hand let go of the wheel as he turned around to look at Bea and pointed at Zach, Zach pushed himself further against the seat as Owen threatened to push his way to the back seat.

"OWEN!" shouted Claire, Owen turned his attention back to the wheel, Claire had both her hands over the wheel and pulled the thing to the right just as they appeared in a dirt clearing and almost crashed against an army vehicle.

Owen stepped on the brakes and the car jolted forward, sending Bea against her brother's seat, she crashed violently against it and grunted as she pushed herself back to her seat, she covered her nose and felt a gentle hand over her shoulder.

"Are you ok?" asked Zach's voice.

"I will" she answered, she was grateful there was no blood coming down her nose "Once I get to kill him"

"You don't get to talk to me like that young lady!" barked Owen, he turned around to look at Bea "Get your hands of her" he smacked Zach's hand away from Bea.

"HEY!" barked Claire, "Don't hit him!"

"Can we all just get out of the car?" spoke a gentle voice, everyone turned to look at Gray, the youngest person in the car had suddenly also turned into the bigger person there "There are people staring and you've been fighting for like an hour"

Owen looked away and looked out the window, Barry was standing outside with a questioning look over his face, a few other InGen workers were staring at the car with amusement and curiosity.

"Yeah, let's get out" said Owen, he turned to his door and pushed it open, before he walked out he added as he glanced at Bea and Zach "But I am not done with you two"

"Oh get out!" barked Claire.

Owen stepped out of the car and the rest followed after him; Bea couldn't believe her brother had just humiliated her like that in front of Claire, Zach and Gray.