25

Owen stepped out of the elevator and looked around, Lowery and Gray were sitting by Lowery's computer and Claire was leaning against another chair, her arms folded over her chest and her eyes locked over her nephew; Owen scanned her rapidly and a small smile appeared over his lips, she looked prettier in her torn skirt and her dirty white shirt than she had looked when all this nightmare had started.

Owen cleared his throat and everyone turned to look at him, Claire unfolded her arms and took a few steps towards him before she stopped and cocked her head to the left.

"Are you ok?" she whispered, knowing entirely that it was an absurd thing to ask.

"Yeah" smiled Owen "Yeah, I'm fine"

But truth was that the last time he had felt this soul born fear had been when he had received a phone call in the middle of the afternoon to be notified of the car accident his parents had been involved; that was the first time he realized that fear had a taste and it was the worst thing he had ever tasted as he swallowed and thought how he was supposed to tell his twelve year old sister that their parents had died.

"They will be fine, Owen" said Claire, Owen looked at her and smiled again, but Claire could see through his smile, he was terrified, not just because there was a lose dinosaur, but because the one thing he had to lose was not under his care; the one person he couldn't handle losing had just gotten in a car to drive into a forest at night in a dinosaur infested island.

"Yeah" whispered Owen, "Let's just get going" he cleared his throat "We need to find this thing, she's probably here in the park and we can't let her go to the forest, Bea and Romeo have to call for help; maybe they can take down the I-Rex"

"Yeah, let's go" smiled Claire, she turned to Lowery and Gray "Take care of him"

"I will" answered both Lowery and Gray at the same time; they looked at each other and Gray chuckled before he turned to look at his aunt.

"I'll come back as soon as I can" she smiled "If you guys see the raptor squad near us, call immediately"

"Squad?" chuckled Owen, Claire turned to look at him "When did you learn to talk like that?"

"Too much time with you" she smiled.

"Your phone barely works" pointed out Lowery, not really wanting to interrupt the strange flirting scene before him.

"Call Owen" said Claire with a hint of irritation.

"Ok, I'm sorry" said Lowery as he frowned "You guys be careful"

"If someone comes, you hide immediately" said Owen "The last thing we want is our eyes to be locked out of the monitors"

"We will" smiled Gray "Be careful" he turned to Owen "Bring her back"

"I will" smiled Owen "Trust me"

"I do"

___________//____________

Lowery started to type in his computer once Claire and Owen left, Gray was sitting next to him in silence, his eyes glued over the huge screen in the front of the room where the names of the raptors showed up.

"So your brother likes Owen's sister, huh?" asked Lowery with a chuckle as he looked up to the screen and pushed his glasses up his nose.

"She likes him too" said Gray as he turned to look at Lowery "They kissed when we were at the raptor den"

"Oh" said Lowery "Does Owen know that?"

"No" shrugged Gray "I don't think he likes my brother that much"

"Well," said Lowery, he zoomed the screen to have a better look of the raptors' locations "He didn't really like Claire that much, and look at them now"

Gray chuckled and leaned forward towards the screen, he was relieved that the screen showed the raptors inside the park, that way he knew his brother wouldn't run into one of them; after all they had barely made it out from Charlie's attack and Blue's chase.

"How long will it take for help to come once you call Costa Rica?" asked Gray, his eyes still over the raptors.

"About an hour" explained Lowery "Maybe less"

"What are they doing?" asked Gray.

Lowery looked at the screen and frowned, the dots that represented the raptors were next to each other; Claire's dot appeared not far from where the raptors where but nothing happened.

"I don't know" he whispered.

The raptors stayed closed to each other and then after a few seconds they scattered rapidly, none of them went near the dots of Claire and Owen. Lowery and Gray kept their eyes over the dot of Blue, after all she was the second in command.

"They are hunting" whispered Gray, his blood froze as he thought of his aunt out there in the darkness being stalked by a group of highly intelligent and lethal animals. "Be ready to call Owen if they get closer"

"Got it" whispered Lowery, his hands sweaty as he thought of what a raptor hunting plan could turn into.

But as they watched Blue walk behind the gift store, they failed to notice that one bright dot was making her way towards the gates of the park that Zach and Bea had used to drive out the park; one bright, lethal and intelligent dot.

Charlie.