30

A/N: Double update because I dont think I will be able to post tomorrow and I'm having a lot of fun writting this!!

___________//____________  

Zach looked around, he was panting and sweating, not to mention that there was still blood rolling from his shoulder and down his arm. Zach had ran out of the door just as he had seen Hoskins appear from behind the corner, he had heard gun shots but he had also heard Bea running behind him, now he could no longer find her.

"Bea, where are you?" thought Zach, he spin around over the ball of his feet but he couldn't see Bea in the hallway he had ran into.

After he had pushed the door of the main floor open, Zach had ran down that same hall and had rushed inside a room, he had heard Bea running behind him and now he had lost her; he cursed himself as he walked down the room he had entered, it wasn't a room, it was more of a hallway with a few doors to its left, he was making his way back to the door to go out and look for Bea.

Zach winced at the burning sensation of his shoulder, he bit his lower lip with force, he was in a lot of pain but the only thing he could think about right now was finding Bea. Zach let go of his injured shoulder and pressed his hand against the wall as he walked back to the door he had ran into; blood staining the white walls.

Zach's fingers curled over the door knob and he gently turned it, his heart beating as fast as it could, he was praying that Hoskins wasn't out there with his gun and ready to shot him; he took a deep breath and slowly pushed the door open just a few inches. The young man looked out the crack of the door and scanned the hallway, it was empty and although it was a relief it was also heartbreaking; Hoskins wasn't out there, but neither was Bea.

"Bea" he whispered as he pushed the door open all the way and stepped out of the room, his heart had moved to a temporary home in his throat.

Zach started to walk down the hall, his hand pressed against the wall again, his ears were alert to any kind of noise as his eyes darted around the hallway and all he could think about was that he had been a fool to leave Bea alone, he bit his lip once more but didn't notice the blood that came out.

"Bea please where are you?" he whispered "Please, come on"

Zach felt dizzy for a moment, his vision got blurry and he had to leaned over the wall with his good shoulder, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath; the scratch in his shoulder was starting to become a bit more bearable.

Zach took a deep breath but only snapped his eyes open when he heard things shatter and crash on the floor below his.

His heart froze when he heard a gunshot.

"Oh god no" he whispered before he pushed himself away from the wall and made his way towards the stairs he and Bea had used when they had gotten in the building to get to the control room.

___________//____________

Bea leaned against the door of the room she had just rushed into, she held her breath for a few seconds as she heard Hoskins' harsh breathing as he walked down the hall; she closed her eyes for a few seconds, the fingers of her right hand aching as she held the gun as tight as she could.

Bea opened her eyes and started breathing slowly, with her free hand she patted her pockets and bit her lower lip as she started to realize that the only connection she had to Lowery and Owen or any other help had been left down at the control room.

"No, no, no" she whispered "No"

She slipped down and sat over the floor, she covered her face with both her hands, her right hand still holding the gun.