35

Bea's eyes were glued over Charlie's greenish face, her hand was wrapped tightly around Zach's hand and it was slightly shaking; Charlie had always inspired fear in Bea, she was the youngest of the raptors but that didn't mean she wasn't the meanest, Owen had always told Bea that Charlie was a little of a rebel and that she had to be careful. Fact was, Bea had really tried to stay away from Charlie's path, she had somehow bonded with Echo and Blue and sort of with Delta but Charlie had always tried to snap at her and the way she looked at Bea was something that needed no explanation.

Charlie hated Bea, and Bea knew that.

Zach blinked slowly, he could feel Bea's hand shaking as he held it; he gulped down painfully as his eyes stayed over the raptor; he felt his stomach turn and he had to swallow hard to avoid throwing up over the raptor.

Hoskins' gun trembled under his grip, his eyes were darting from Charlie to Bea and Zach and although he knew that the raptor would have to take down the two youngsters first, that didn't mean the raptor wouldn't try to kill him after she was done with Bea and Zach; luckily for him, he was the one holding the gun.

"Oh god" whispered Bea, the raptor cocked her head to the right, her cold, dark eyes plastered over Bea.

"Did she follow us here?" whispered Zach, his grip around Bea's hand tightened.

"No" whispered Bea, she felt her lower lip quiver "I think she followed me"

Bea heard Hoskins shifting behind her, she was sure he was trying to make his way towards the back stairs as fast as he could and without calling Charlie's attention; but Bea and Zach didn't have that chance, Charlie was less than a feet away from them and she wasn't about to let the younger ones walk away.

"Charlie" whispered Bea "Oh god, please, please remember me"

"Bea" whispered Zach, he gave Bea's hand a soft pull as he saw that Bea was about to step forward towards the raptor.

"Charlie" she whispered again "It's me"

The raptor let out a hissing sound that made Bea's blood freeze and she stopped on her spot, behind her, Bea heard Hoskins pushing something out of his way.

"I can't believe he is leaving us here!" Bea screamed in her mind "He has a gun, he could kill her and help us" Bea swallowed "Really Bea? You can't believe HOSKINS is leaving you behind?"

"She's going to kill us" whispered Zach.

Bea looked at Charlie, tears started to form over her eyes once more, she couldn't believe they had gone through hell and back, barefoot, in a single day and they were about to get killed by a raptor that had cornered them in a control room.

"Yes" whispered Bea "She is"

Bea closed her eyes for a second, a second that felt like a million years as she tried to think of something to do; something to get Charlie away from them or someway to get away from Charlie. Bea sucked in some air and opened her eyes, she looked at Charlie and Charlie looked at her; she towered over Bea but even if she hadn't Charlie would have still been incredibly intimidating.

"Charlie" said Bea, her voice no longer coming out in a whisper "It's Bea" she cleared her throat as Charlie examined Bea carefully.

"What are you doing?" whispered Zach.

"Anything" Bea answered back "Charlie, come on, you know me"

Charlie hissed, the stench was hitting her like a truck; she needed to get rid of it before it became overwhelming.

Hoskins pushed a chair away from him as he tried to make his way towards the back stairs, the chair rolled away and banged loudly against a desk and Charlie didn't like that. The raptor looked over Bea and Zach and growled loudly, Hoskins stopped in his tracks as he looked up at Charlie.

"Stop moving" said Bea, she slowly looked over her shoulder to look at Hoskins "You are gonna get us all killed"

"She is already going to kill you" answered Hoskins, but he didn't move anymore.

Bea turned her attention to Charlie, but the raptor had her eyes over Hoskins, she hadn't liked the fact that he had been moving behind them; slowly the raptor stepped forward and Zach pulled Bea back a few steps as Charlie kept making her way further into the room.

"Shot her" whispered Bea to Hoskins "Shot her now"

Bea felt like the worst person in the world as she told Hoskins to kill Charlie, or at least shot her, but if Hoskins didn't wound the raptor, then Charlie would surely kill the three of them; even if Charlie was one of Owen's baby girls. Bea stepped over broken glass that shattered even more under her weight, the raptor turned to look at her and snarled.

"Do it" said Zach "Shot her"

But Hoskins did nothing, he slowly started to back down just as Charlie kept walking further into the room; he was terrified, he had never seen one of the raptors up that close without them being chained or something.

Charlie skidded over some glass, her legs parted and she screeched with shock at the sudden movement she had made, she looked down at the floor as she tail swung to the left violently and threw some computers to the floor; Bea and Zach jumped back, their hearts pounding with fear. The crashing computers scared Charlie, her head snapped towards the noise and she growled with anger, all the new noises were making the young raptor uneasy and Bea was sure that if there was something more dangerous than an angry raptor, it would have to be a scared and caged one.

"Charlie" said Bea's voice, she tried to sound calm and assertive, like Owen did; the raptor turned to look at her, she had hunched over and her eyes showed anger, she showed Bea her fangs but didn't move. "Charlie, it's me, it's Bea"

"I don't think she likes you doing that" whispered Hoskins, Bea ignored Hoskins, at least she was trying to do something to get Charlie away from them.

"Come on, you know me" Bea gulped as she took a step forward. "It's Bea, Owen likes me, remember?" Of course Bea wasn't sure that Charlie could remotely understand a word she was saying but maybe she could remember Bea from times when Owen had been training with them and Bea had been present.

Bea extended her hand forward, she was going to risk it all because right now everything could work, Zach's hand gave Bea a small tug but Bea didn't flinch, she just kept her eyes over Charlie and her hand extended towards the raptor.

"Please Charlie, its Bea"

The stench got worse, or at least that's what it appeared, Charlie snarled and cocked her head as the human spoke; but she had made her mind, it was now or now.

Charlie hunched even lower to the ground and Bea took a step back, she knew what that meant, she curled her hand back to her chest and took another step back as she pulled Zach with her. Charlie looked at Hoskins, then she looked at Zach and finally she looked at Bea.

And as the lights above flickered, Charlie screeched and leaped into the air, her strong legs pushing her incredibly high and incredibly fast, Bea roared with fear, Zach tried to scream but no words came out, instead he pulled Bea down as he ducked and behind them a shot was fired.