20.

Tyler's POV

"A Protector? Aren't those extinct when the vamp-were war ended?" A council man asks.

I roll my eyes and surpress a snicker.

"A protector!?" Summer asks in horror. "Extinct!?"

"You seem to know about them. They are genetically-"

"I am one of them! I know all about them! I control them! They aren't extinct but there are very few. We protect those who are targeted, about to be killed. I've saved many lives and I plan to keep doing so if I ever get out of this damn prison with permission. I want to know why I'm here and why I might be killed, even though it won't work."

"You are detained because you are murderer! They go insane and start killing off entire packs!" A council woman responds.

At this point, I don't even know whose talking any more. All their voices sound alike and it is annoying. Maybe I will call them monkeys. They follow what the other ones do. I have no idea how they are able to control alphas if they are this stupid. Summer's Elders for her job were smarter than this.

"They also controlled the most dangerous people in the world. Some of them can kill even us and they are human." Carson points out.

I hear a small growl and see Summer staring at one of the monkeys. "I have full right to take control of my life. I escaped harsh ruling from my Elders so what makes you different from them?"

"Your Elders?"

"Protectors are controlled by a council. We call the council, Elders, because they are just that. They are older than most of us but they are the best of the best. They asked me to apprentice one and if I get out of here I'm taking that damn deal."

"You have an alpha mate who is trying to get you to go home yet you just said you wouldn't go home?"

Summer laughs. Like full on, holding the stomach with tears, laugh.

"Oh, you guys are just too stupid. I plan on going home. I plan on learning everything I lost. I plan on becoming the powerful person I was before. I never said I wasn't going home but I also never said what was home for me."

I roll my eyes. "Alright, Summer, stop making fun of my council just because yours is smarter. Now sit down nicely and play on the tablet." I tell her.

She rolls her eyes and grabs the tablet, turning back to a projected screen showing her laying on the bed still. It looks like she never moved but when she was a hologram she would be all the way across the room.

"Yeah, yeah. Alpha says do this and you obey." She mumbles before winking at me. I roll my eyes again but smile.

"I want her home. She can be monitored there. The longest I can last without her is a week. If you can get all the info you need on her in a week then tell me but I need her back by then." I say in a final tone.

"We can try, alpha."

"No, you will." I state before seeing Summer look at me briefly. Her eyes flash bright blue for a second before the video is turned off.

"Her eyes flashed, see if the wolfsbane is still in her system." I tell Carson.

"Yes, human!" Carson mumbles.

"You can leave now, Alpha Wolfe." The council speaks in sync and I hide my terror.

Nobody should be able to do that on accident. Not with a sentence. A couple words is okay but that's terrifying.