62.

Do you love me?

Of all the questions to ask, he asks me that?

I stare at him, open mouthed, unable to shout at him the stupidity of his question. I love this man more than anything. I would die if he died. How he lived with me in a coma, I have no clue but I wouldn't be able to survive that. He's much stronger than me.

How does he not realize that he means everything to me? Is it because I am that self centered?

I see him go from serious to frightened in the span of my silent thoughts. I feel his panic through the mate link and his entire body tenses.

"Actually, don't answer that. I wouldn't-"

I silence him by one quiet word. "Yes."

He stares at me for a long time. So long that it makes me nervous. I feel my shadows beginning to move and whisper thoughts.

'He doesn't want you.'

'We told you that he doesn't love you. He's a master manipulator.'

'He just doesn't want to work on another female!'

'Look at how much he appearently loves you. He doesn't even bat an eyelash or speak about it!'

I take a step back and grip my head,  knowing that they are feeding me lies and insults to ruin me. "Get out!" I snarl, shutting my eyes. "Get out of my head! Stop feeding me lies!"

I feel large hands grab my own before pulling them to his chest gently. I feel a heartbeat underneath my palms. "Calm down, I'm here, love."

I look up and see his green eyes. The eyes I love. They hold a caring glint to them that instantly calms me down. I feel my shadows release their hold on me with whispers of obedience.

"If they think they have a hold over you, they will control you." Tyler whispers. "Try to think you are superior over them. It will help, trust me."

I nod before blurting, "I'm sorry."

He sighs as he kisses my forehead. "You have nothing to be sorry for. Now, come on. I'm tired and I wanna hear all about how your day went."

I grin, glad to just be able to cuddle with him. "Let me change first!"

He chuckles before releasing me. I skip to the room and decide on changing into one of Tyler's shirts and a pair of my work out shorts. I tie my hair into a messy bun and walk out of the room to see the house dark again along with the only light being from the television.

I walk towards the living room cautiously. My sense in full alert and my steps silent. It's almost instinct to act like this. I sense no threat as I hurdle over the back of the couch again, crushing my mate... again.

The air is knocked out of his body and he sees my grinning face in front of his. He rolls his eyes before kissing me gently.

"What did you do today, love?" He asks again, pulling me down to lay on him.

I get comfortable before responding. I rest my chin on his chest. "I went to the mall and got a bunch of new clothes. I also checked in with work and I will have to go in soon. I also called the lead Warrior and they figured out a date for the paintball war, which is tomorrow. I talked to Casey about it and he was really chill about it."

"What about his mate?"

I trace a random pattern across his chest as I speak. "I mean, she's pretty chill but I'm gonna have one of my men check out her background. She's sketchy and I don't like those people around my wolves. It makes me paranoid."