26.

I look to Jake, Rover, and Viktor to see them all giving me a small, reassuring smile. "Let's do this. Let's save Tyler, Jack, and Nathan. Viktor, take Jake and Rover to get their uniforms on."

Viktor nods and walks up the stairs with the two wolves in tow. I look at the teens, a dangerous glint in my eyes. "Who is the lowest member of you all?"

A small boy, the same age as Rover, is pushed forward, landing on his knees in front of me.

I crouch down and lift his chin. His wide glasses hanging low on his nose and his brown eyes holding deep fear. His entire body is shaking.

"What's your name?" I ask softly.

"T-Troy," He stutters. "My na-name is Troy, Co-commander Woods."

I help him stand up and seee he is a thin built male but his body is made for running, not fighting.

He gives me a frightened smile and pushes his glasses up his nose. "I've heard st-st-stories about y-you-"

"Take a deep breath. I'm not here to harm you." I speak softly.

Troy takes a deep breath and continues his sentence. "I've heard stories about you...you can kill a man in your sleep, you don't even bat an eyelash at dead, you are the youngest commander on history."

"You guys wanna know a secret?" I project my voice and they all huddle around me. "I was bullied. I was the lowest of the class, even more than Troy here. I was the scrawny, weak, white haired girl that was pushed around. One day, my bullies cornered me and they had knives, swords, and deadly weapons in their hands. They wanted to kill me. To prove that they are the best."

A few gasps come from the crowd of teens. "Just because you are the best, doesn't mean you should make rash decisions. A teacher stopped them and trained me personally. I quickly jumped the ranks from lowest to leader. A year later, I began going on missions, completeing things even adults couldn't do." I pull my jacket off to show them my marks. I hear their 'ooh's and 'aww's at my accomplishments. "I survived better, knowing that the weakest resembles the entire group."

I scan across the enitre lot of kids before my blue eyes land on a kid standing off in the back. I motion for her to comes toward me and the crowd parts for her. She looks a lot like Troy with brown eyes and light brown hair.

"I know you are scared to protect your brother, but it is a dangerous world. You have to protect each other. That's what me and my brother did. That's what my and my partner do." She nods and hugs her brother.

I stand up straight and speak with authority. "You are the next generation. One thing I wished my commander told me when I was your age was that your group is only as strong as the weakest link. Train him or her, make your generation the strongest. In this life, it is fight or die. Running doesn't always work. Make a voice for yourself. Stand as a family, a unit, a pack, not as a seprsred, divided fraction."

"Heads up!" Jake shouts. I look up to see him tossing a bag down from the third story. I catch it and look inside to see my suit. I smile and look up.

"You found it!"

"I know you are Tyler's but no man can forget you in it!"

I snicker and look at the teens. "Listen to Viktor when he tells you something. If you think you are bad at something, try and try again. I will visit from time to time to teach you all."

A few hollers and cheers erupt from the teens. I smile and run up the stairs and into the nearest room, making sure it is empty.

I yank my snow shoes off and change into thicker socks before pulling out a pair of black jeans and change into those before pulling Tyler's off the pull a black tank top on. I clip a black holster onto my upper thigh and slide a few knives into them. I braid my hair back and clip a holster belt on over my hips. It holds a handgun, a pistol, and a few knives. I pull on the worn down combat boots and tighten the laces.