36.

I flatten the skirt one more time before a knock lands on the door.

"Babe, we have to go if we want to make it on time." Tyler's voice calls from the other side of the bedroom door.

Nervousness eats at me. "Ty, I can't do it."

"Babe, you have to come to me. Laws state that you have to come to me. I can't go to you yet." I hear his voice and it sounds close to the door.

"Ty, please, I can't." My breathing quickens.

I close my eyes and turn my head up, praying that I can calm myself. I slowly sink to my knees. The eyes. I can't handle the eyes. Please, help me.

I hear the door open before strong arms wrap around my body, holding me against a warm chest.

"Shh, I'm here." Tyler coos, kissing my jaw.

I open my eyes and see love pouring out of . "I-I can't make an appearance. I can't-"

He covers my mouth by pressing his lips to mine quickly. I immediately respond. He pulls away and gives me a grin.

"Love, you handled living on your own for two weeks while having no memories. You jumped out of a plane and ran from the military. You can go to your own ball. Don't you want to see it in swing?"

I shake my head, the silver earrings swinging. My tied up hair stays out of my face.

"No!" I exclaim, burying my face into his neck.

I feel him silently laugh. "Why are you so scared?"

"I can't dance."

This time Tyler does laugh out loud.

"Love, you will be dancing with me and only me tonight. I will teach you, again."

His hand runs along my arm in a comforting motion.

"Again?" I ask before I remember our first date. "Nevermind."

He grins. "You remember that?"

I nod. The blue dress, the teens, the clumsy footsteps, the agents showing up, the stomach wound and the screams. Tyler dressed up and dad "interrogating" him.

"Your father is scary." Tyler suddenly speaks. I laugh.

"Yeah, he can be."

Tyler stands up, with me still in his arms, and holds me closer. "Ready to go, my queen?"

I nod and pull away from him. "How do I look?"

I see his eyes flash a dark green. "You look beautiful, my queen. Every wolf there should be glad for your presence."

I grin and punch his shoulder. "Suck up."

He grins goofily at me before wrapping his arm around my waist and guiding me out of the house and towards the training hall.

It was the only place big enough for all the Alphas, Betas, Lunas, and Deltas. Oh gods, hundreds of people. Way more than the normal amount I talk to.

My right hand moves to cover Tyler's hand on my waist and my left hand grips his tuxedo.

My feet stop and my entire body freezes. "No, I can't."

I hear him sigh. "Love, you got this far. How is this any different than a meeting at work?"

"Meetings at work involve people I don't have to impress since they are scared of me. These people aren't scared of me."

"You're right. They aren't scared of you. They are scared of me. Do you want to switch it around?" Tyler curls around my body to face me.

"No-yes-maybe!" I rush out.