46.

Tyler left me alone all day and I decided to stay in the room I was in. Olivia, Tyler's mother, came and visited me, along with Kyle, Tyler's father.

They told me all they know about my past. They told me about my family, like my mother was killed by vampires and my brother was killed before, and my father has always kept an eye on me.

Olivia told me what happened the day I was nearly killed by fire. Tyler and I were at the hospital to see his father because his father had a heartattack, something not known to wolves. So we rushed to see him only to be led to a false level. I thought something was off and heard a scream, from Olivia, and went to save them, while Tyler tried to stop me doing something stupid.

That's when I scoffed.

Appearently Jack was kidnapped as well and I tried saving them all only to be stuck in the burning room from the collapsed beams. I broke the window and called out to Tyler before they stopped hearing me.

The doctor quickly rushed them out after he saw my shocked face. He then proceeded to check me over and make sure that I was healing.

He told me stories about Tyler as a child and they were adorable. Apparently Tyler has always wanted was a mate but the type of mate he wanted was... the opposite of me.

That and he had a weird obsession with elongated coins, also called pressed pennies. When the doctor said that, I raised a brow and looked at him quizzically.

He grinned and explained it. Whenever you go to an amusement park, there is a machine that crushes pennies and makes a design on them.

As of now, I am laying wide away as the clock chimes three times. Not an ounce of sleep is inside of me and small doses of sleep medication isn't working either.

The insomnia has taken control over me and I hate it. I am bored out of my mind and have nothing to do.

Casey refuses to allow me access to my phone on Tyler's command. Jack is still in intensive care and Rover is terrified of me right now.

I don't know why he would be though. I tried to get Casey to relay a message but he refused. I swear that anger is what will kill me, not the chemicals inside of me.

I lift my left hand and the golden ring sparkles in the moonlight. Tyler placed it on my finger when they were trying to put the air mask on me. It calmed me down but now it just angers me.

This little thing ties me to the Alpha along with the bite marks on my neck. I can't run and be free and live on my own without feeling empty. It really pisses me off.

I made a promise to Tyler that I wouldn't leave but I never said I wouldn't make it living hell.

"Summer?" A soft voice speaks out.

My gaze snaps to the door, my hand dropping to my side. I see Rover standing there in Iron Man pajama pants and a loose dark red t-shirt. His black hair is messy as if he tried sleeping. His feet are bare and his eyes are glowing slightly.

"What's wrong, Rover?" I ask softly, patting the bed beside me.

He pads over to the bed and sits beside me. His hand grips mine tightly. "I had a bad dream." He is quiet, afraid almost.

"Fourteen year olds get nightmares still?" I tease softly.

He nods. "Can- can I lay beside you?"

"The doctor said no." His face falls. "But I say yes."

He gives me a small smile and cuddles against my side. His hand is gripping mine tightly and his head rests on my shoulder. I feel his body shaking before his arms wrap around me in a hug.