35.

Tyler's eyes become dark. "What do you mean? Is there someone else?"

I laugh. "No, you idiot, I fell for you."

Before I know what happens, his arms which were around my waist, lift me into the air as he spins us.

I laugh and my hold around his neck tightens. He sets me back on the floor and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Are you ready for tomorrow, my love?" He asks, walking us back home.

"No." I frown as I speak. "My dress should be done by tonight. Would you like to go with me to pick it up? I'm sure you and Alex would get along well."

"Who's Alex?" I hear a slight possessiveness in his voice.

"My clothing mastermind. She's a sweetheart."

"Maybe I'll go along then. I don't trust Jake right now. He seems to be to distant."

"Want me to talk to him?"

He shakes his head. "I will. He's my best friend, I owe him this."

I nod. "Do you have work to do?"

"Always but I can spend time with you if you want." He spins me so we are facing each other. "What do you want to do, sweetheart?"

I shrug. "I dunno. I just don't want to be alone and you refuse to allow me to train."

He humms and taps his chin before smiling widely. "I got it! Let's go on a date. Your dress will be ready this afternoon and the ball is tomorrow so let's watch a movie."

"Oh really? What movie and where?" I ask sarcastically.

"Whatever movie I pick out and at home. Come on, let me give you a relaxing day."

I sigh, the offer tempting. I act as if I'm thinking for a while but my mind is already made up. Why wouldn't I spend time with him?

"If you insist." I sigh out before a grin takes over my face. "I would love that."

He gives me a devious grin. "Alright then."

°•°•

I yawn and rest my head on Tyler's shoulder. "Why Quarantine?"

"It's a scary movie."

"You just want to look at the news anchor."

"My eyes are solely on you, my love." And to prove his point, he falls on his back and pulls me on his chest. His eyes watching me move my head to his chest and closing my eyes. "Don't fall asleep on me. That's rude."

"Then I'm going to be rude." I mumble out.

"Do you sleep at night, my love?" I nod. "Then why are you always tired?"

"I get insomnia after missions. My body might be sleeping but I relive the missions over and over again everytime by body is asleep. They only are mostly gone when I'm around you. I can only sleep with you because I'm too scared to face the nightmares alone."

He sighs. "You know that you can always come to my office, right? I don't really don't mind you there. Especially if you sleep on the couch. I can do my paperwork there if you want to sleep."

I nod before sleep takes over.

°•°•

My feet are pounding down the stone hall and the concrete walls seem to narrow the farther I go down the hall. My bare feet sore from the uneven stone. My pants are ripped and my shirt is gone. My hair is in a knotted ponytail and blood runs down my arms from the previous syringes and cuts on my arms. My legs are bruised and cut as well.