59.

I wish I could reverse time. I want to change everything I've done. I wish I never killed that Commander. I wish I never killed all those men. I wish I never made an effort to earn these marks. I wish I didn't cut and I wish I didn't have the feeling to do it again.

I wish I could change everything I've done with Tyler. I would've made myself worthy for him. I wouldn't have ran or snapped or disobeyed. I would be a good mate not a rebellious jerk.

I feel something placed over my shoulders before warm hands coax my hands from my face. I feel something soft under my eyes, wiping the tears away.

"Shh, love. I don't blame you for anything. All you've known is that you fight to survive so relying on me must be hard."

My sniffles are the only thing heard for a while before I finally get the courage to speak up. "You put up with all my shit. Why?"

"Because I love you." Is his instant response. "And I wouldn't have you any other way. I would rather have us constantly fighting than you missing or gone from my life. I rather have your harsh words than none at all. I rather feel pure anger then any sadness."

He lifts my tear stained and snotty face up to make eye contact. The tissue in his hand wipes away tears and snot.

"Please just talk to me. I want you to know that I will always compromise with you, no matter what. If you want to leave for a while, deal. Just constantly get in touch and allow me to have at least three guards with you. If you want anything, just ask, my love. You mean everything to me and you haven't been the same since your coma. You've changed and we are all trying to accept that."

"I'm sorry." I mumble weakly.

"We know that, love. You don't have to keep saying that."

He pulls me against his chest and holds me carefully. He rocks us back and forth in a comforting motion.

"I never figured you would cry from our arguement. If I did, I would have kept my mouth shut." He whispers as he kisses the top of my head.

I curl into his chest and close my eyes, enjoying the feeling of my mate holding me.

"I let you train the Warriors and I let you do whatever you want as long as it isn't the revenge side of my life. I don't want you helping me find and kill Jake because he could get you again and kill you, effectively killing me. I would die if I knew someone killed you because you are all I care about. The only thing I love."

"What about your mom and dad?" I ask through mindlink, not trusting my voice.

"My father never loved me and, well, my mom kinda stopped caring about me after I met you."

How does a parent not love their child and how does one fall out of love with one? Is that even possible?

I feel Tyler suddenly flinch before his hold tightens on me. I look up at him in confusion to see anger on his face.

"Rogues." He growls out.

I blink in shock as my mate presses me closer to him, burying my face into his firm chest. "What-?"

"Stay here. I have to talk to them." He orders me.

I sigh but nod. "Fine, I'll be he-"

I'm cut off by knocking on the front door. I look at Tyler confused to see his confusion as well. My mate pulls me behind him protectively while his hand is gripping mine tightly. My free hand grips the back of his shirt tightly and I almost hide behind him.