47.

"Home sweet home." Tyler announces, gently setting me on the couch. The house looks clean and Jack is grinning at me from the reclining chair.

Jack quickly stands, kisses my forehead, and darts out of the house, laughing, before Tyler can catch him and kick his ass.

"Yeah, a place where you can cuddle with me without the doctor getting mad." I snicker, remembering the furious face of the doctor.

"Rover wasn't supposed to be there!"

"He had a nightmare, Tyler. What do you expect? His Alpha is pushing everyone away, his brother is in the hospital, and his beta-"

"Is useless! He is in prison and about to face death for his actions! He nearly killed you and caused you pain, something no one should be able to do."

I lift my hand, gently placing it on his arm before pulling him down to my level. The fury in his body is making the shaking uncontrollable. His eyes meet mine and all I see is fury and the need for blood.

The look I know all too well. The need for blood, I mean.

I see his canines have elongated and his eyes are not green but a swirling mix between black and gold. They trap me and I can't break my gaze from it. They mix in stark comparison, and it holds my gaze.

"Summer?" The voice from Tyler is rough and animalistic but the tone is confused.

He watches me back carefully, making sure that I am okay. The swirling eyes keeps my attention but the softness in them when they notice me almost takes over the anger and bloodlust.

"Your eyes," I mutter, pulling his head closer to mine to look into his eyes better. "I've never seen something so starkingly beautiful but so deadly. Something so soft but so sharp."

He shifts to a more comfortable position, allowing me to stay the way I am, watching his eyes swirl before green joins into the mix, like stars in the sky. The green stands out as well before almost taking over the black, the gold now has a strong competitor.

"What is it, love?" His voice is calmer and less animalistic now that he has my gaze. I feel something placed on my thighs as his entire body tenses in worry.

"Black, gold, but green. I get the green, but what's the black and gold from?"

"Gold is my wolf, Carson. He is fighting for control, as you can clearly see."

"Have we met?" I break eye contact to look at the hands that rest cautiously on my thighs. The backs of his rest on the top of my legs while his fingers are curled in, almost waiting for my hands.

I consider it for a second.

"Mhm," he humms in a confirmation. "He kept you safe when I couldn't."

I meet his gaze again only to see gold, not a speck of black or green in them. I take a shocked breath from the quick switch in colors. My hands pull his face closer, seeing a completely different person in the golden eyes.

The golden eyed man in front of me sits cross-legged, his hands pulling mine from his face and holding them tightly. He rests his chin on our conjoined hands and a small smirk tugs at his lips.

Tyler isn't cocky like this. And I have only one guess who is.

"I am sad that you don't remember me." The man speaks, his voice slightly deeper than Tyler's. It has a teasing tone to it.

"I don't remember many people, Carson. Mainly the people who were the closest to me, the people who had the largest impact during my entire life."

"You hear that Tyler?" Carson speaks more to himself than me, he lifts his chin and seems to almost zone out. "We didn't make a large impact in her life. How do you feel about that, you stupid human?"