64.

I pace back and forth, running the lines over my head. Tyler is trying to fix his tie and quickly looks up on the fifth lap around the room.

"Love, calm down."

"Can't. It's an important speech."

"Love, come here." He opens his arms from sitting on the bed. I sigh and walk over to him. His arms wrap around my waist as he looks up to my panicked face.

"Ty, this speech is important. It's my first real speech as Commander and I don't want to fuck it up."

"Summer, I've been with you for three years now. I know exactly how good you are with speeches. I've seen you turn three different agencies into one under your sights. You turned wolves into loyal men and loyal men into people who would follow you no matter what. I've seen you make a speech off the top of your head. It's effortless for you. Why do you worry so much?"

I look at my hands which are set on my mate's shoulders. "I feel as if this is my first test as Commander. I don't want to fail it."

"It's a small speech. Your best friend will be there along with me and Casey. Viktor will be by your side as your second-in-command. You have nothing to worry about."

I nod slowly. He's right. I can do this. He will be there along with everyone I take strength from. It's not the first speech I've done and it is for a branch of my agency. These men already serve under my command and support me fully. Some are children of people who've served for me already.

This is going to be my death.

Our doorbell rings making Tyler move away from me to stand.

"Casey's here." He mutters. "You ready?"

I grab my backpack off the desk chair and my white leather jacket. I tug it on over my light blue dress before Tyler takes my bag.

"You look lovely as always, my love." Tyler winks at me.

I feel my cheeks heat up as I playfully glare at him. "And you don't look bad yourself."

My heels click against the floor and the door opens to reveal a very excited father. My father.

"Baby girl!" He darts into the house and hugs me tightly.

I automatically hug him back and bury my face into his shoulder. "Dad, you've been avoiding my calls."

"I can explain but hurry up or were going to be late."

Tyler laughs and takes my hand as we head to the garage. "You gonna drive?"

I smirk. "Who else knows the location of my Flight Academy?"

°•°•

My eyes scan over the three dozen men sitting patiently as I stroll up to the podium. Their eyes are trained on me as excitement fills the air. Their headmaster smiles towards me and holds his hand out.

"Commander Woods, how good it is to see you in person. I'm so glad you could make it to your new recruits graduation!"

He steps to the side to allow me to speak into the microphone for all the men to hear. Their family members sitting in bleachers set beside the graduating men.

"Actually, one of the men graduating today is my partner. And none of these men are new recruits for me considering I was the one who worked beside their parents."

"Oh? Partner? Which one is he?"

I look for Jack and see deep fright in his eyes. I give him an encouraging nod and he stands from the center of all the men. All heads turn towards him.