66.

I nod. "Jack, I'm going to talk to him first but you know he never listens to me unless I can over power him. He's threatened dad and Bruce and killed poor, innocent, human Sarah, Bruce's newly adoptive daughter. Who will he go after next?"

He rubs his face. "Summer, he's threatened your dad?"

I nod, fear taking over me. "He's never even challenged dad before, Jack. I'm terrified of what he's become. The last thing I remember about him is that he was struggling to cope with the Alpha title. The was having an issue with the responsibilities of becoming something powerful."

He moves forward and hugs me tightly. "Summer, he's your twin brother. He would never hurt you."

"He nearly killed me once, Jack." I whisper out, hugging onto my friend as if he is keeping me alive.

He practically is. Tyler doesn't know my fears and I don't want him to. He would attack my brother and get rid of him as quickly as possible just to make me not afraid anymore. But he would be killing my brother, my twin, and I would not appreciate the thought of having him gone and to never see him again.

"Don't worry, bestie. I won't let anything happen to you."

"Yes, that is comforting." I mutter sarcastically.

"Bitch."

"Jerk."

We glare at each other before laughing. I stand up after Viktor knocks on the door, alerting me of how annoyed Tyler is getting now. Impatient Alpha.

"I still expect you to die your hair pink, Jack." I sing out as I throw the door open and walk out.

"What the hell! I thought you would've forgotten!" He shouts after me.

"You thought wrong."

I step into the clearing and see all the men lined up, awaiting my command. Their eyes watch me carefully as if they are afraid of me.

"Relax, I'm not going to do anything to you."

They all run off and I climb back on the quad with Viktor behind me.

°•°•

My steps echo down the empty hall that leads towards my mate. Viktor stops following me and heads down a direct corridor, probably to get his work done.

I slide through one of my doors to see Tyler laying on the floor in the center of the room. My panic spikes before I notice his eyes snap towards me. I smile lightly at his childish act. It's uncommon to see him like this.

"I tried my best." He mumbles in defeat.

I chuckle and close the door before sitting cross legged beside him. "What did you try to do, Ty?"

He yanks me on top of him with a dramatic sigh. "I tried to talk to the council but they don't like the new terms I presented to them. They even demanded that we go to their office and have a little chat."

I can feel the worry radiating off of him.

"Why are you always so worried about me? Haven't I proved that I can amaze anyone?"

His worried gaze tells me that he isn't focused on me rather than my actions.

"You're thinking I'm going to fuck it up, aren't you?"

"Love, you have a tendency to throw a tantrum when you don't get your way. They still don't trust you after you practically escaped prison."

"I didn't escape, Tyler. Someone bailed me out."