Eight...

Selena Colosel

Honestly, this private party is soooo awkward. Thaddeus, Rovan and Dylan is at our side all the time. What  surprises me is the way my brother acts waaaay over protective over Katarina.

I think even Francheska even noticed also, by the way she is giving me a questioning look. All I did was shrug because we both feel the same.

"Francheska, Selena, Katarina. It's been a long time since we have seen each other." Thalassa says, hugging each of us. "Oh wait, let me introduce to you my mate. This is Alpha Leo Sanchez of Blue Mayhem pack." I gave him a small smile as a respect. 

"Nice to meet you, I am Selena Colosel the sister of the alpha Dylan."

"And my mate." 

We all turned and saw Thaddeus walking towards us smirking.

Leo bows down in respect, "So it's true, the Alpha King found his second chance of a mate."

Thalassa elbowed his side, glaring at him. I noticed Thaddeus became silent and didn't answer.

"MINE!"

All of us turned to look at my brother. He was holding Katarina possessively glaring at Marcos who's lying on the floor with a bloody nose.

"Why did you do that?!" Katarina asks frantically who tried to approach Marcos but Dylan stopped her.

"You're mine Katarina, don't you ever forget that."

"What do you mean I am yours? You're not my mate!"

"I AM YOUR MATE! YOU ARE MINE AND MINE ONLY!" Katarina's eyes widened in shock staring at my brother. 

I approached my brother, "What do you mean, Dyl? When did you find out that she was your mate?" I asks him looking confuse.

"Since I became an Alpha." he answers quietly.

Katarina slapped him, "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"You were too young Kat, I need to wait for your sixteenth  birthday!"

"But at least you should have told me." my best friend whispers looking broken, "I have always wanted a mate, and you know that."  

"Kat..."

"Don't call me Kat!" she snapped.

Dyl looked helpless, "But you will know it tomorrow anyway Katarina. So you need to understand."

Katarina stared at him and sighed, "Okay... just give me time, okay?" Giving my brother a small smile.

Dylan beamed and gave her a hug, "Of course. I'll wait for you, even if it means forever."

I never knew my brother can be this romantic. Maybe that's really the effect of meeting your mate.

I smiled bitterly, of all the people being the Alpha King's second chance of a mate. What have I done to ever deserve to have this kind of fate?

"What are you thinking about, little mate?" I turned and saw Thaddeus staring at my brother and my best friend.

"I should be the one asking you that Thadd. I wanna ask you the same question again: Do you regret having me as your second mate?"

He stared at me for a while. Then finally he whispered, "I actually don't know anymore Selena. I actually don't know."

I smiled sadly at him, "It's okay, I'm always ready to wait for you."

Thaddeus Dalton

I watched her sleep peacefully on my bed. All I can think about is: I really don't deserve her.

Every time I'm with her, I feel guilt because it feels like betraying Rosalinda. I know I can move on now since it's been three years since her death.

I wanted so much to love her, but something is holding me back. And I know it's my past, the past I have tried so hard to forget.

She is trying hard Thaddeus. Orion whispered to me.

I shook my head, It's not her Orion. I already know that because it's me. I have a hard time forgetting Rosalinda.

Then try harder. He says to me and cut off the connection.

I shook my head, I don't known w what is right or wrong anymore. All I can feel is guilt running inside me, about everything I did.

"How will I love you fully Selena, when half of my heart is with Rosalinda? And have is with you?"

That's all I can think about before I lay beside her and fell asleep.

The next day, I realized Selena isn't by my side. My wolf got nervous instantly, of course me too. I stood upright when suddenly the door slammed open.

"Morning Thaddeus! I prepared breakfast in bed for you." Selena holding a tray smiling brightly at me.

I stared at her confusingly, "Huh?"

She laughed at me, "Why do you look so confuse? I'm your mate, this is my job."

It hurts as she smiled down at me like she's not hurting. But I know the truth, she's really trying hard to have my heart when I'm suppose to be the one doing my best to have her heart.

So I smiled back, "Thanks...."

"It's nothing." She shook her head smiling down at me cheerfully making my wolf yap in excitement.

"Why aren't you eating?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and and smiled inwardly, "Because I want you to sit and eat with me."

She stared at me and sat beside me hesitantly. "Okay."

Both of us started eating quietly. But I can feel her happiness just because of my small offer.

I need to decide soon whether I live happily with my present... Or  continue to suffer with my past.

************************************
Hello!

So.... What do you think? Now Thaddeus is having conflicts with himself. I wish he would choose what is right for him.