Twenty-Four....

Thaddeus Dalton

It's been a week since Selena and I spoke to each other. Yes, I miss her. It seems that I can't bring myself to talk to her after our argument. After that, I left slamming the door shut behind me out of anger.

I had gone to the woods for a run just to calm myself down. It took me two hours, before I can finally go back sane. If I didn't do it, my anger would be let out at my pack members or my Beta and Gamma.

I sat on my chair, finishing some papers. I haven't been able to do office works because of some unexpected events these past few weeks. I can't just leave the issues unattended.

"Thaddeus."

I snapped my head at my door, and saw my troublesome cousin. Athena has always gives me headaches that's why I sent her to a boarding school faraway here. To try to tame her.

But the question is, what is she doing here?

I scowled at her, "What the hell are you doing here Athena? I specifically told you not to come back here without my consent."

"I need to stay here Thadd, to stay away from the pain that place caused me." She answered, her face emotionless.

Her answer made me stop short, my cousin is not easy to hurt when it comes emotionally. By the way she spoke, I know the pain she meant was not physically.

I sighed, "Sit down Ath, tell me everything."

She shook her head, "No Thaddeus. I'm not yet ready to share it to anyone. But can I ask a favour?" She asks twisting her body to look at me.

"What is it?" I answered sighing.

"If the prince of the Vampires visits and asks for me? Don't tell him I'm here."

My head snapped in shock, "What have you done for him to search you?!"

"Nothing important Alpha, it's just that..." She trailed off looking out.

I followed her stare, which is outside my window of my office. Her eyes were wide and mouth wide opened.

My expression mirrored hers when I saw what she was staring at.... Or who. Prince Sventilya Hodin Quentividia, one of our allies is standing with his men outside the borders.

Alpha! Prince Quentividia of the vampires is here with his people. His... searching for someone. Mind linked by my panicking Gamma.

I sighed, Yes I know, I saw him from my office window. Don't worry I'll be down in a minute.

I turned to face my cousin, "What are you to him?" I asked her straight.

She hesitated, "Thadd, you can't know."

"And why the hell not?!"

"Becau-"

Before she could answer, the door slammed open. And there stood, the prince glaring at her. It's not good to have him as your enemy. Good thing our kind are allies.

"You..." He started but I saw the prince shook his head instead. He took three strides towards Athena, but as her Alpha I blocked his way.

"Stay where you are Sven, I am not giving you the permission to go near my cousin." I growled a warning.

He turned his glare at my direction, "Do not intrude in this problem without knowing anything, Alpha King. I respect you as my ally, but if you stop me from reaching my mate I will start a war."

I froze, "Did you say... mate?" I asked in disbelief.

I turned my head to look at her, but she avoided it. So that's why she won't tell me the reason because she knows I will make her go with the prince.

The prince nodded, "Yes, she's my mate. So may I suggest you go out of the way?" He asked dangerously.

And I did.

It's not that I'm afraid of the prince, but it's because I know the feeling of your mate avoiding you. It's literally painful.

"Why don't we sit first and talk about this Sven? It will be better if we know the reason why Athena ran away and came back." I suggested.

The three of us, sat around the table with my Gamma and Beta. No one was speaking, so as the Alpha I did my job.

"Will you please tell me what is the true story?"

Athena nodded, "Well it started..."

Athena Dalton

It was the day I need start my last year here in the university. It is known to all about the control here. But it never scared me because our kinds are allies.

But then I can hear the others whispering excitedly making me curious.

"Gel, what is happening?" I asked sitting beside her.

She rolled her eyes, "The Prince Sventilya Hodin Quentividia of the Vampires is back. He's still searching for his mate even though he has lived for two thousand years."

"Ohhh," I answered. Not really interested about the said so prince.

When suddenly the bell rang, I motioned Gel to stat walking if she doesn't want to be late.

"Students, as you have known, the prince will be studying here to see if his mate is here in school. He will be joining our class." Miss Guing announced.

Excited murmurs can be heard around me. Which made me roll my eyes. To some the prince is a big deal, but not to me. I have the blood of a royalty.

While I was thinking, a deep voice suddenly spoke that sent shivers to my body. "I think everyone here already knows me especially the teacher did the introductions. Bu- MATE!" he growled.

I closed my eyes knowing who he meant. Murmurs started to arise, as the prince finally found her princess that will lead the kingdom with him. But I know she won't agree.

"Open your eyes... princess." he whispered to me.

I opened my eyes slowly even if it was against my will, and stared back at his dark blue eyes. I gulped, I never realized he was this... hot.

All eyes are on me, full of confusion. Why will a werewolf be mated to the vampire prince It doesn't make sense because it suppose to be entirely impossible. To avoid problems at the future, but it happened to me. Why me?

And that's where it started of me, avoiding prince Sventilya Hodin Quentividia by going back to my cousin's territory. Which in fact, is The Alpha King Thaddeus Dalton.

**************************************************************************************************************Hey!

I deeply apologize or not updating sooner. I got a writer's block. But thank God, I was able to write bit by bit. so sorry guys!