Eighteen...

Thaddeus Dalton

I lay on bed with my mate, we just finished the mating process already as soon as we entered the room. I traced the mark on her neck and smiled slightly. Yeah, this would be a new start.

"Thaddeus, is there a problem?" Selena asked softly, I didn't even notice that she was awake.

I smiled, "How long were you awake?" I asked still staring and tracing the mark I made on her neck.

"As soon as I felt you touching my mark."

I laughed quietly and shook my head. Our bond is finally bound, it is stronger than the first time we weren't yet mated. I can feel her annoyance towards me because I woke her up.

"Go to sleep Thaddeus, it's," she turned to look at the clock, "3 AM in the morning! Why the hell would you wake me up at a very unearthly hour?!"

I chuckled a little, "Okay, okay I'm sorry. Just go to sleep my little mate, I know you're tired."

Her cheeks turned pink at my words and glared at me before turning her back, closing her eyes. I hear her yawn and after a few minutes she's already breathing heavily, fast asleep.

I lay down beside her, wrapping my arms around her waist. Before closing my eyes, I smiled and went to sleep.

~~~

"Alpha?"

I turned my head and saw Rovan standing, looking grim.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What is it Beta?"

"Two of our warriors were killed while they were on board patrol. One with a mate, the other one's Mateless." He informs.

It made me stop, two warriors... dead? I shook my head looking at him, "That's impossible. Our warriors are well trained and almost invincible. Only us higher ranks can kill them!" I growled out.

"It's because, the ones that killed them are rogues."

The two of us snapped our heads to the right and saw Felico with clenched fists.  He's eyes held anger, but also... Uncertainty?

"Felico, would you like to share something to me?" I asked staring at him.

He sighed, "Yes Alpha, but we need to sit down because this will be a long discussion."

I nodded and motioned them to my desk.

Felico Bestien

Flashback

Here I am with two warriors guarding the boarders of our pack. Both look tired but determined to keep our family safe, and unharmed.

"Gamma, I can smell an unknown scent." Hay told me, one of the bulkiest warrior in our pack.

I frowned at the report, "Okay, check it out. Bring Kerwo with you." He nodded and took off. I turned to talk to Quen, "Do you think this is good enough?"

He nodded, "Yes Gamma, they are one of the most stro-"

Before he can finish his sentence, he stopped short. We both looked at each other, because we both know we can smell the same thing:

Blood

The two of us shifted into our wolfs, I have dark brown fur and Quen has black and brown.

When we reached the place, we were already too late. I saw two bodies ripped apart and I know it is two of our warriors. Hay's arms were both ripped apart from his body and Kerwo's legs were also ripped apart.