Twenty-Eight...

Theseus Dalton

I sat on my throne, glaring at nothing when I felt someone touch my shoulder gently.

Causing me to turn my head, "Serena."

She looked at me worriedly, "Thes, what's bothering you love?"

Her worry caused me to smile, I might have a deep hatred towards my brother but I now how to love. So I shook my head and gave her a small smile,"Nothing love, just thinking of some plans on how I will attack my brother's pack. He already killed one of my men, I will not make the same mistake."

"Theseus," she sighed. "When will you ever learn to forgive your brother?"

I shook my head, "No, he only made it worse. When she sent his Gamma to steal my daughter away from us. It fueled my anger even more."

Before she could reply, someone knocked on my door making her give me a questioning look.

"Enter."

My new second in command entered with a smirk on his face. He's the best friend of my daughter, and also the brother of the past Beta. He looked very confident making me narrow my eyes at him.

"What is the reason for you to disturb me and my queen?" I asked coldly.

I felt her hold my hand, as if warning me not to be so harsh with my people. But I ignored it knowing they will not learn if I will be soft on them.

He smiled evilly, "We have some valuable news, my King. We heard that the Black Moon pack is at their weakest point. The Luna Queen has finally gave up and left the Alpha King, bringing her best friend with her. Who is also the Beta's mate."

What he said caught my attention, this is the right time for me to attack my brother. He just made it easier for me to defeat him and takeover the kingdom that is supposed to be mine. I will make sure that he will suffer like how I did to make him feel the betrayal i felt when he was the one who ascended the throne. He is the second son and I am the first, it is supposed to be mine. It brought shame to me knowing my brother stole it from me.

"Theseus," Serena's voice was full of alarm, "What is going through that stubborn head of yours my love? I hope it is not what I am thinking."

I just gave her a smile, "Oh don't worry my love. It is actually what you are thinking, which I know because if you may have forgotten I can read your mind. You forgot to put up the walls that are suppose to protect your thought." I answered smugly.

Her eyes widened at my words and I felt her frantically putting up the wall around her thoughts. My wife is quite adorable, but that is not the main focus I have as of this moment. I still need to come up with a carefully planned out attack to assure my success, OUR success.

"Don't ever do that again Thes," she angrily muttered to me before standing up.

She left my office quietly, but not after giving me a glare if can kill I would be six feet under. But instead of feeling irritated it made me laugh out loud.

Thaddeus Dalton

"Thaddy, Thaddy wake up."

I slowly opened my eyes after haring the soft, sweet and familiar voice. To my shock I saw Rosalinda's face hovering in front of me, wearing that sweet smile I am very familiar since I found out that she is my mate.

"Mi amour..." I whispered as I sat up slowly, staring at her wide eyed.

"Hello Thaddy, how have you been this past three years?" she asks softly, giving me her hand to help me stand up.

I stared at her in awe, unable to answer. She's still as beautiful when I last saw her. She never changed, which is quite fascinating.

She shook her still smiling, "You never changed... or did you?"

What she said made me confuse, all I know I never changed which is the truth. I don't know if I did in the eyes of others. Well... how did I change?

"What do you mean?"

"You were never this serious love, you were always fun. But I didn't call you to have a chat, but to talk about you and your new mate Thaddy."

I looked away, "No need, I have let her go. It's for the best because if I didn't, more pain will I cause her by staying with me." I closed my eyes, "A broken man who can't forget you and give her what she deserves."

She grabbed my hand, "You don't need to forget about me Thaddy, you need to move on from me."

What she said hit me hard, she's right. I don't have to forget but I need to move on.

"You're right," I smiled, "You have always been the one who gives solutions to my problems."

"Of course, you have always been an idiot."

"Hey!"

She laughed, "I'm just joking," she gave me a small smile, "You're smart Thaddy, but there is one problem about you. You keep on living in the past when you are already in the present."

I nodded silently, I won't deny what she said. But if you have so much in the past that you wanted to change you would just be like me. But the thing is, forgetting is harder than I had thought when I was younger.

I smiled unconsciously as I remembered my father's words, 'When you forgive, you also have to forget because if you don't forget then that forgiveness will be nothing but useless.' Those words were etched in my heart since I was prophesies to be the one to ascend the throne rather than my older brother.

"One more thing Thaddy," she softly called for my attention, "You will be in a deep sleep that will give you a chance to choose." she warned me sternly.

I was about to ask her what she meant but suddenly I heard the loud alarm to alert my people of an attack.

I sat upright gasping for breath, I just dreamed of Rosalinda talking to me. No, warning me.

"Alpha! Rogues are attacking, they are already inside our territory." Felico shouted his voice full alarm and anger.

****************************************************
Hello,

I don't know what to say... I wish you like the chapter.