Thirty-Three

Thaddeus Dalton

I slowly opened my eyes, and scanned my surroundings and noticing how white it is.

Seeing all the wires connected to my body and the oxygen covering my mouth, I felt annoyed.

What just happened?!

The last thing I remembered is having the brutal fight against my brother. In which both of us were badly wounded and... that's it.

Ripping of the wires from my body, I tried to stand up up. Seeing the screen of the monitor turn to a line. I shook my head thinking how ridiculous of me to be staying here.

But I was surprise when I almost fell over, feeling like a child walking for the first time. I can't believe that I, the Alpha King, is being weak.

How long have I been laying on that bed for me to feel this numb?

I leaned against the bed for support to make sure I won't fall. It's embarrassing enough that I need a support just to stand up. But falling over? That will be another thing.

Suddenly, the door opened and a girl entered. When she saw me, she screamed making me let go of the bed and fell. I wanted to glare at her but I'm unable to. Feeling the pain in my head since it hit the leg of the bed.

"Francheska?!" Another voice of a woman shouted.

I opened my eyes to see who it was. And froze, it's her.

"Se-Selena... what are you doing here?" I asked feeling surprise.

Herr head snapped at my direction, and her eyes suddenly widened looking utterly shock. It made me realize that Francheska is also her, then they came back?

"Thaddeus, you're awake." She whispered, tears started to form in her eyes.

I slowly nodded my head, unable to find words to say to her. I can feel my heart beating fast, and for the first time since Rosalinda's death, I felt free. The spell is finally broken.

She ran and and hugged me tight, making me fall to the ground. I immediately caught and her and made sure she was balance above me.

"I'm suppose to be the one crying, you finally came back to me. Even after all the things I did to you..." And guilt hit me hard.

I've caused her so much pain, but here she is close to me. It made me smile knowing that no feelings of mine will be held back.

The spell is broken, Artemis knows the truth now. I can feel a new beginning for us. I can hear the smile in my wolf's voice. 
The last time I heard from my wolf was the day Selena left.

You're talking to me again. I asked with a smile.

He glared at me, I am furious for what you've done human. You made us the weakest of the Alphas when it is suppose to be the opposite.

"Thaddeus!"

I snapped out of my trance and looked at the woman above me, "Yes?"

Her eyebrows are furrowed her eyes filled with worry, "Are you alright? I have been calling your name for the past three minutes."

I laughed, "Sorry I was talking to my wolf."

I caressed her face, staring at her.
"Alpha."

I turned around and saw my Beta standing by the door. I stood up and faced him.

"Rovan! How was the pack when I was gone? No dangerous attacks." I asked.

He shook his head, "None Alpha, everything is in place."

His voice... It's cold. I have never seen my Beta this serious, most of the time he has been smiling. But...

I turned to look at Francheska and saw her looking away. It made me realize something is different.

"Would someone tell me what is happening?" I asked, feeling the annoyance rise up my chest.

Rovan's expression didn't change, "What so you mean Alpha Thaddeus? I just told you everything is-"

"NOW!"

I saw Selena's eyes widened at my Alpha tone. But I want to know, I can feel the connection of my pack... is different.

"Tha-thadd, I think this is something you should not ask. This is none of our business." My mate soothed out.

But the uneasiness in me increased at her words. Now I know definitely that there is an unbalance in my pack.

"Fine." I answered.

I wasn't looking at her, but to my Beta.

Selena Colosel

I left Thaddeus in his room with Francheska telling him I need to do something with her. I can see his reluctance, but he agreed anyways.

"He can feel the difference Selena, and I don't know what to tell Thaddeus." Francheska whispered to me.

I frowned, "I know. But you cannot do anything about it. Rovan is beyond hurt, and he changed to a stranger. Not just to us but to everyone."

We sat in one of the benches in the garden, "I broke him didn't I?" She asked, her hands clenched into fists.

I stayed quiet, "Maybe, I don't know."

"Help me Selena, help me to have him back." She begged, her eyes filled with tears.

I don't know how to answer her, but the pain in her eyes is hard to look at. It made me look away, because it's as if I can also feel it.

"France... I'll try." I held her hand, "But, you and him can be the only one would be able to fix this. Both of you may be the problem, but you are also the only solution."

Her eyes widened, and slowly she nodded.

"I-I understand." She softly answered as I released her hand that I was holding.

Rovan Owen

I silently watched the Luna and her.

I can see how hard it is for her, but I cannot let her get to me again. Enough has happened, and I don't want to feel the pain again.

"I was right, you have changed... Beta."

I turned around and saw Thaddeus standing with a cane, "Alpha, what are you doing here?"

He smiled, "I wanna walk. But Rovan, don't make the same mistake as I did."

I looked away and said, "It won't be the same. Our situations are different, and I have learned my lesson."

He smiled sadly, "Stubborn as ever Rov, you may be right." He sighed, "Well if you think that way do what you think you should do."

"This is for the best."

He smiled, slapping my shoulder softly and walked away.

I took one last look at the two woman sitting, and my hands clenched to fists feeling all the frustrations building inside me.

This is the best, I know it. No history will be repeating.

The Past or the Present?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें