Twenty-Nine...

Thaddeus Dalton

"It's a shame that the mates of two men that are suppose to be the powerful ones in your pack left. Now, both of you are the weakest." My brother taunted, with his fake sympathetic expression.

I clenched my fist in anger at his words, my Beta didn't react and remained cold and emotionless. This war is earlier than I have expected, but there is something that caught my eye.

The woman beside my traitorous and insane brother.

I'm sure that I have never seen her before, but her features are familiar. I ignored it anyway knowing it will do me no good to know who she is but I have a suspicion that she is his mate.

Who would have thought that somebody like him would be given a mate? My face twisted in disbelief, he doesn't deserve to have someone to love him. He deserves to suffer!

"So," he narrowed his eyes at me, "How does it feel to lose everything?"

In rage, I shifted to my wolf, losing all the control that I have. I attacked Theseus and he did the same, shifting to his wolf that is almost identical to mine. We grappled to the ground and I can hear the growls of my men and his, the screams of my pack members.

I tried to bit his neck but he was fast to avoid, growling at me.

Bite him you coward! Orion growled at me. Cause if you can't, let me take over.

No!, I snapped. Let me have my revenge you mutt. This is my time to destroy him, like what he deserves.

Theseus snapped his jaws towards my neck and I failed to avoid, his canines dug deeper to my skin. I can feel myself lose consciousness when I found the strength to let his hold loosen as I tried to shake my body away from him. Slashing my claws towards his chest, I successfully wounded his chest.

"Stop!" a voice screamed that sounded like a woman's.

I was about to finish him, when a burning sensation hit my chest hard. It weakened me that made shift back to my human form.

"Alpha!" Felico shouted running towards my direction.

Gasping for breath, I fell to my knees and the last thing I saw is a woman running towards my brother.

Selena Colosel

"What did my brother do?"

Katarina kept quiet and didn't answer my question. She's been like that since I came back to my original pack.

I sighed in frustration, "Come on Kat! At least tell us what really happened so we could help you.'

"It's none of your business Sel, just because you're his sister doesn't mean you have the right to interfere with our life." she answered, sounding annoyed.

What she said hit me hard, I know that. It just... I'm worried about my brother, her and the pack. What will happen if the Luna and Alpha aren't in good terms? Their will be chaos inside this pack.

"It won't just affect you and my brother, it also affects the pack if you and him are like this. At least be civil with him just for the pack." I suggested.

She gave me a murderous glare, "Don't act like you can help our situation Selena Colosel." I was about to protest but she continued, "Before you try to help out, why don't you try to help yourself first? You almost have the same situation as me, but yours is just worse. Your problem won't just affect one pack, but all packs across America. Sop you solve that problem of yours first." she hissed while walking away stomping.

I didn't follow her because of all the things she told me. She's right, I'm a hypocrite. I kept on trying to help her and my brother when I can't even help myself.

"Selena?"

I turned around and saw Lucian standing with a smile.

"Hey Lucian." I greeted him with a smile.

He walked towards me, "I'm so glad you came back, I thought you would be staying there for good."

The smile on my face fell when I heard the part he thought I was staying there for good. Actually that was my plan, but then the part where Thaddeus and I disagreed on something.

He saw the look on my face, "Wait. Something happened?"

I nodded and told him what truly happened these past few weeks. The arguments, misunderstanding and other things including Rosalinda. His face changed as I interpreted everything.

"That bastard!" He growled, standing up right away looking angered.

I stood up as well to calm him down, "Luke, I'm okay. I'm just trying to calm things down"

He turned to look at me, "Why can't you be my mate?"

I was taken aback by his words, I wasn't expecting it. Yes I had feelings for him before, but when he said those words... I felt nothing.

I know the feeling Selena, I wanted so much to return Heferus feelings for me but I just can't. I belonged to Orion and so did my heart. Artemis assured me with a sad smile.

I felt a little bit guilty, "Lucian... maybe if you told me those words before I could have returned it. But things have change, I found my true mate that now I love."

His word weren't exactly the 'I love you'. But it were exact same thing.

He gave me a sad smile, but suddenly something flashed in his eyes that took me by surprise because his lips were on mine all of a sudden. Still trying to heal my painful wound on my heart I kissed back without thinking.

But I felt a burning sensation inside my chest making me pull away, but it worsened when Lucian tried to touch me out of concern. I backed away gasping for breath.

"Selena!"

My head snapped at Francheska's frantic voice, I have a bad feeling about what she is about to say. As if I don't wanna hear what she wants to tell me.

"The Alpha King is in coma."