Sixteen... (Special #3)

So guys, this will be the last chapter of the special chapters. I really hope you would like it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Artemis' POV

I can feel fear and nervousness settling on my stomach, as I wait for midnight to come. I have a big feeling that this mate of ours, that I will be sharing with Ilea will choose her over me without any second thoughts.

"Art?"

I turned around and saw Ori, standing by the door. Worry filled his eyes that almost made me feel warm all over. At least I know someone who will never choose my sister over me. That I will always be his first choice if his going to choose between my sister and I.

So to show him I'm okay, I smiled softly, "Hi Ori, you excited to meet your mate?"

"Yeah." He answered while nodding, "But I'm more worried about you princess. How are you? I know what your going through isn't easy."

"Honestly?" I looked up to look at him straight into the eye, "I'm scared Ori. I don't what to think right now, all this years I have waited to meet my mate. The one that will say to me, that I will be first in everything, the one who will always choose me, the one that I don't need to compete with my sister."

I chuckled while tears fell from my eyes, "But I was wrong, of course I will not have the one thing I had always wanted."

In a flash, his arms are around my shoulders. Without hesitating I did the same and buried my head in his chest.

"Listen princess, your one of the most beautiful wolves within the Lycans. If not the most, and if your mate won't see that? Then he's a big idiot." He told me arms still wrapped around me. All I can answer is a sob.

"So don't lose hope, if he won't choose you as his mate then it's his loss not yours. So stop crying because even if I have a mate, I will always be your best friend."

I looked straight into his eyes, I can see the sincerity in his eyes. Seeing his eyes, I feel hopeful that maybe he's right. Maybe I can hope that my mate will choose me.

"Art, it's time." Ori, called out. Nervousness can be heard from his voice and the truth is? I am too.

I nodded shakily and walked side by side with him. When I looked up, I accidentally wished that he was my mate. Because I know that he will choose me whatever the circumstances will be.

I can see all the wolves that will be turning a thousand years like us also waiting for midnight to come in the moonlight garden.

As time ticks....

10 minutes left...

I turned to look at my sister, who's smiling softly at me.

Closing my eyes, I felt the wind in my ears.

5 minutes left...

I felt someone held my hand, so I opened my eyes and I saw Ori. Assuring me that everything will be okay, that he will always be at my side.

1 minute left...

I turned to look at my mother for assurance and I saw her smiling sadly. There I know, that something is not right. I closed my eyes, letting Orion go I counted to ten.