Epilogue

Three years passed

Thaddeus Dalton

I was standing by my balcony when I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"What are you thinking Thadd?" A soft voice whispered by my ear.

It made me smile, but I remained at my position.

"Well, I'm thinking that in 14 years I will be able to go down the throne peacefully and pass it down to Aegean." I answered back.

I felt her stiffen up which made me turn around to see what's wrong. To my surprise, I saw fear in her eyes that made me confuse.

"What's wrong Sel?" I asked worriedly.

She sighed, "Nothing, I'm just afraid that that day will come. He's still young and your already talking about him like he's sixteen!" She burst out.

I watched her in amusement, "Don't tell me, you're jealous that someday he'll be able to find his mate that his full attention will be poured out." I chuckled.

Her face turned red, that made me laugh harder. She's cute when she acts all possessive especially when it comes to our son. Which only made me love her more knowing how lucky am I to have someone like her to be my mate.

"Love, you do know that we won't be able to avoid that from happening right? Especially being the one to ascend the throne as the Alpha King." I told her gently as I tucked a loose hair on her right ear.

This only made her frown more, "Well, you don't have to look so happy about it. You look so eager for our son to grow up." She grumbled childishly.

I shook my head, "I'm not eager for him to grow up, I'm eager for him to have the same happiness that we have." I answered sincerely.

My answer made her smile, which caused my chest to be filled with warmth. The way her eyes glittered with happiness...

But suddenly the memories of the past came back . The pain I caused her, the things I have done to make her cry and the things that made her leave me because of my own idiocy.

I backed away from her which made her worry, but I leaned on the balcony while breathing hard. Too much painful memories kept plaguing my mind until I heard her call out to me.

"Thaddeus!"

I snapped out, and saw her staring at me worriedly. I realized that those memories isn't the present or the future, but it was my past. I remember the words that I should always remember.

I don't have to forget, I only have to move on from those memories.

Still breathing deeply I turned to look at her, "Sorry love, just remembered something." I told her softly.

"What was it for you to react badly, Thadd?" She whispered.

"Just the past." I answered quietly.

That made her frown, "Didn't I tell you to forget about it?"

I just shook my head and wrapped my arms around her waist, holding on tightly so I won't lose the sanity I have been hanging desperately for the past three years.

"Stop thinking about it Thadd, I have already forgiven you didn't I? No ones leaving again, I promise." She assured me gently as if talking to a kid.

I laughed a little, "Look at me, the big bad Alpha King being treated like a kid by his lovely mate." I joked.

This made her smile again, "Well, you act like a pup sometimes so it's not new to me." She teased.

I glared at her, before laughing out loud which she joined me in right away.