Chapter One - A New Beginning (Again)

*Revised*

Alex

School. A.K.A educational prison. Something every child must go through at one point or another. They say the first day of school is always the worst. Especially if you start in the middle of the first semester.

But that's my life. My mom is a journalist, so she goes where the headlines take her. Unfortunately, that means I'm dragged along with her. This will be my second first day in five months.

At the time, I was driving the beat-up old four door my mom could afford a few years ago. He's in a rough shape, but always pulls through for me in the end. Henry is about the only thing I can rely on.

Luckily, I found the high school fairly easily; it isn't a very big town. I didn't know what drew my mom here, I just went along with it. I found a parking spot in the front fairly easily, and drove in. I gathered my backpack, my phone, and my registration papers and went to the front office. 

I opened the double doors and started towards a large desk. Behind the desk was a woman about 30- 40 years old, typing away at her keyboard. I cleared my throat so she would notice she wasn't alone.

She looked up at me and smiled warmly. "Why, hello. How can I help you Miss?" she asked.

"Hi. I'm new, and I was hoping I could get my schedule and locker combo, please?"

"Well sure!" she beamed. I like her, I thought. "I just need your name sweetheart."

"Oh, sure. It's Alexandria Coleman."

With a few clicks and pings, I had my schedule, my locker number, and locker combo. "Thank you. I should probably get going before I'm even more late, huh?" I laughed. 

"No problem. Have a great first day!" she yelled.I gave her a small smile and started down the hallway. I doubted it would actually be a good first day, but there's always hope I suppose. 

I looked around at the room numbers, until I finally found the one I was looking for. The bell had already rung, so I had to knock on the closed door to get in. I waited a few moments before the door opened, revealing a middle aged woman who had a kind look to her. She smiled warmly at me and asked me what she could do for me.

"Well ma'am I'm new and I think I have your class first," I told her politely. She took my schedule and told me I was in the right place. She ushered me inside and told me to introduce myself to the class, and say a few things about myself.

To say I was nervous was an understatement. I never did standing up and speaking in front of people. "Hi. My name's Alexandria but you can call me Alex. I like to play soccer, I love to read, I love music, and I'm 18. So, yeah." The black and white marbled floors were suddenly very interesting. 

"Well Alex, I am Mrs. Piper and you can sit next to Mr. Lenix over there," Mrs. Piper said pointing towards the back of the class room. I looked up and came into contact with the most gorgeous blue eyes I had ever seen. I suddenly felt a strong pull towards him. I then noticed Mrs. Piper was pointing in his direction.

I slowly walked over to the mystery guy, still holding his intense gaze. I gulped nervously when I reached the desk we would be sharing. To be honest it was more like a small table for two people. I took my seat next to him finally breaking eye contact. When I did so, I thought I heard some kind of growl coming from my right. Coming from him. I looked over at him and was immediately lost in the vast ocean of his eyes.

Mrs. Piper began her lesson again, forcing me to break contact with Mr. Lenix; again. I haven't even seen his face, because I kept getting lost in his eyes. I suddenly felt my chair being slid over to my right and a strong arm slung itself over my shoulders. I felt these strange electric currents run from my shoulders to the bottom of my spine causing me to shiver slightly in pleasure.

My eyes trailed from the large tan hand to the shoulder covered in a blue t-shirt. I narrowed my eyes a bit. Sure, he's good looking, but what the hell? I unwrapped his arm from my shoulders, slid back over to my side, and grabbed my notebook and pencil out of my backpack, prepared to take notes. A few minutes later, he did the same damn thing. This time when I tried to move away, the bastard wouldn't let me. I sighed and rolled my eyes. This was taking away from my note-taking, trying to fight this guy, and he's not doing anything extremely inappropriate, so, whatever. 

He was looking forwards at Mrs. Piper, so I took the time to actually look at him.

He had a strong nose, high cheekbones and was tan. But then again we're in Florida, so who doesn't have some sort of tan? He was basically a god. And I was only seeing his profile. I wonder what I would think if I saw his whole face?

I tensed slightly in my seat as I felt a strand of my brown hair being gently tugged and played with. I turned around and faced the board trying my damnedest to concentrate. I couldn't though. I thought about telling him to stop and sliding away from him again, but I'll be damned if his arm wasn't made of steel. 

My concentration was shot. I huffed and put my chin on my hand. He chuckled. I swirled my head and glared at him, but he was looking forward and taking notes with his right hand. As if he was innocent; yeah, my ass. 

I was brought out of my thoughts by the bell ringing, signaling the end of first period. I tried to get up and leave, but he held me down. Soon everyone was out of the room, including Mrs. Piper. I was starting to get nervous.

After mystery dude removed his arm I gathered my things as quickly as I could and walked to the door. Suddenly I was pushed up against the wall with a muscular body covering my small one.

I was breathing hard thinking I should be scared, and truth be told I was. But I was also excited in the weirdest way. I didn't try to push him away; I didn't want to.

I was again brought out of my thoughts suddenly, but this time it was from a husky voice, "Hello Alexandria. I'm Jace and you are mine." 'Jace' said growling out the last part.

Um, excuse me?

"I-I have t-to go." I stuttered. His grip on my arms only tightened. Not enough to hurt me, but enough to keep me in place.

"I can't let you go Alexandria." I nearly moaned at the sound of my name coming from his mouth. What is happening to me?

"Do you know who are?" he asked.

"Of course I know who I am. Why? Do you know who you are?" I got a small smile and a short chuckle for that.

He only chuckled again. "I guess you'll find out soon."

I slowly licked my now dry lips. His eyes followed my tongue and he growled softly, almost inaudibly. "You don't want to do that Sweetheart." he growled.

All I could do was stare. I had the urge to run my fingers through his chocolate brown hair and see if it was as silky as it looked. I resisted the weird urge though. He broke away again and grabbed my hand and lead me out the door.

"Let me see your schedule," he said. Well, more like demanded. 

I mutely got it out of my back jeans pocket and handed it to him. I took the time to look at his clothes. He wore a tight fitting blue t-shirt with jeans and biker boots. 

"Well looks like I have every class with you except last hour. Come on. Let's go before we're late to second hour. Science," he said handing me my schedule back to me. He grabbed my hand again and started to lead me to second hour. I could only follow the strange god, who I strangely trust.