Chapter Seventeen- Let's play a game-

Chapter Seventeen

Alex

*******************************************************************

     Finally. Tomorrow is the day we finally reach home.

     Just one more day.

     Over the week I called Mom and Grant. They were worried and relieved when I told them I was alright. I called them every day while we were on the road and I found out that my mom found her mate. He was one of the doctors at the hospital. He wasn't a wolf, but he knew about us so he was okay with it. I'm glad she found her mate. Maybe now she can be happy. Now I really can't wait to get home. I need to tell him what will happen if he ever, ever, hurts my mother. It won't be pretty. Gram and Brant were covering for us at school so we could get all of our work. I don't know why, I won't get it. But Jace said he'll help me so I was slightly okay with it. I still hate school. It's hell.

     "Alex?"

     I snapped out of my thoughts by Jace asking me something. Currently we were at a restaurant in Alabama and he was sitting next to me, while everyone else was around us at a huge table.

     "Hmm."

     "What do you want to drink?" he asked worried. I looked up at the waiter who was waiting patiently for my order.

     "Oh. I'll umm, have a sweet tea please." I answered.

     "Coming up. I'll be right back with your drinks." He smiled before walking away. Jace was looking at me with a worried look.

     I reached over and grabbed his hand that was on top of the table with both of mine. "Jace I'm fine. I promise." He sighed and placed his free hand on top of mine. He rubbed my hand with his thumb and smiled softly. I returned it with one of my own. He tugged me closer to him in the booth and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, still holding my hands. I shifted a little to the side and rested my head back on his shoulder. He kissed my temple and squeezed my hands.

     "I love you, you know that right?" he whispered.

     "Let's play a game." I smirked. "You have to say yes or no, but you can only say each once, and you must answer the questions." I could feel his smirk as he pressed his lips to the side of my head as I repeated the words he had said to me when I said I wasn't beautiful.

     "Alright."

     "Do you love me?" I asked him, already knowing the answer.

     "Yes. With all my heart."

     "Good answer." I said and he chuckled. "Are you lying?"

     "No. I'm not. I'd never lie to you Alex."

     "Then yes. I know you love me." I untangled my self from him to look at him. "And I love you too, Jace. Forever and always." I smiled, cupping the side of his face with my hand. He smiled and brushed a kiss to my palm. I broke away from his gaze when there was a drink placed in front of me. I looked up and saw our waiter with a smile on his face.

     "A coke for the guy and a sweet tea for the guy's girl." he said as I blushed as Jace chuckled.

     "Thank you." I said. The waitor took all of our orders and told us it would take about 10 mintues for the appitizers to be ready. He left into the kitchen.

     "So Alex," Gram started. "You excited to be going home?"

     "Yes." I smiled. "I can't wait to be back in my own warm, clean bed. You must be ecstatic though. You haven't seen Brant in over a week."