Chapter Twenty Six ~I didn't mean it~

Chapter Twenty Six

I Didn’t Mean It

Alex

                Click.

                I breathed out a chocked sob as my head hung in relief. I flexed my grip on the arm chairs I was tied to, trying to calm my tears. I looked back up at Jace and saw relief but worry in his eyes. Lane chuckled behind me and kneeled down next to my leg again.

                “You have four more chances to kill her,” he said, running the barrel up and down my thighs. I shivered at the coolness of it and I heard Jace’s low growl. “I still have more questions.”

                “Ask your damn questions,” Jace snarled.

                “This one is actually for your father, Jace,” Lane smirked. “Mr. Lennox, is it true you didn’t accept Alex as Jace’s mate?”

                “That is true,” Mr. Lennox started, “but since the time I first meet her she has proven herself.”

                “Hmm,” Lane hummed. He turned to me and pointed the gun right under my chin. “Do you wish you were a werewolf, Alex?” I honestly had never gave it much thought and was about to say that when he pushed the barrel into my skin, making me flinch. “Be honest now.”

                “I guess a few times, but I never really gave it much thought,” I said shakily.

                “What if I told you I could awaken your wolf gene?” Lane asked. He was different when he asked this. He was somewhat gentle and almost brotherly towards me.

                “Why would you do that?” I asked.

                “I may think you are a whore, which you are—“ Jace growled at that—“But everyone deserves their wolf, I know that. Plus it would be better and easier when your wolf sees my father as your true mate.”

                “And if he isn’t my mate?” I asked in barely a whisper.

                I cried out as he pressed the barrel further into my skin. “He is your mate,” Lane growled. “Do you want to be a wolf, or not?”

                “Alex, no don’t do it,” Jace said. “Don’t become like us.”

                “See that?” Lane said, pointing at Jace through the screen with his free hand. “He doesn’t want you to be stronger; he doesn’t want you to be equal in strength. He wants you weak and under him. He wants you to serve him. What kind of mate would do that?”