Chapter three- What?

*Revised*

Alex

"Well? What do you need to tell me?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest. He takes a deep breath and says.

"I'm a werewolf." he said it looking straight into my eyes so I know he's not lying.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Alex. I am a werewolf." he says still holding eye contact.

I stared at him. Then I began laughing. I laughed so hard I bent over, holding my stomach. I waited for him to join me, but he never did. I sobered up when he I realized he was being serious.

He sighs and begins his explanation. "Okay, so werewolves are real, and I am one of them. We are immune to silver, and the full moon does not effect us. We can shift as we please, and we are larger than wolves, but not the size of a horse. We do live in packs and there are rouges. But what some are mistaken on, is we live as long as an average human, so we do age, it just takes longer for us to show it. The longest one of us has ever lived was about 102 years of age." he explained. "It is true that mates hold the other half our soul. We would do anything and everything to make sure they were happy and protected. It is also true that if someone's mate dies, they either become insane and turn rouge or they die." he says.

"So, you're not fucking with me right now?" I asked.

He sighed and shook his head. "No, Alex, I'm not. I'm being serious."

"Okay, okay," I murmured. "You said something about mates; have you found yours?"

"Yes. Alexandria. Do you remember when I told you, that you're mine?" 

"Yes." I answered hesitantly.

"Alexandria. You are my mate." he whispered, with a smile on his face. "Can I kiss you Alex?" he asked.

I nodded my head yes in reply.

He smiles again and leans forward. I do as well, and we both lean our heads toward each other, until our lips touch. Fireworks explode around us as our lips move in sync.

He nibbles my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I being the tease that I am, deny him access. He growled and pulled me into his lap, causing me to gasp. He took full advantage and plunged his tongue into my mouth. His taste exploded in my mouth and I moaned.

I was so lost, that I didn't realize, that he was dangerously close to that scar on the back of my neck. His hand brushed over it and he stiffened. He pulled back and moved my hair away from my scar. When he saw it, he growled low and to be honest it scared me.

I whimpered slightly and cowered away from him a little. He noticed and stopped growling and pulled me back to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"What happened?" he asked rubbing up and down my back in a soothing motion.

Just as I was about to answer, my phone started to ring. I would've ignored it, but it was my mother's assigned ringtone, so I answered it.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey baby. How's your day going?" she asked.

"It's going fine mama. I have to go. I'll call you back before I leave. Okay?"

"Sure sweetie. Love you."

"Love you too, Mama. Bye." I said, then I hung up the phone.

I put the phone down and silence engulfed us as I played with my hands in my same position on his lap.

"Alex. Please answer the question." Jace said in a husky voice. I looked up and saw golden eyes, instead of his blue ones.

"Jace?"

"No my love. I'm Ranger. Jace's wolf. Alex please. How did you get that scar on your neck?" he repeated.

"My father." I whispered as tears sprung to my eyes, threatening to fall.

I watched as Ranger's eyes transformed back into Jace's ocean blue ones. "Shh it's okay. Can you tell me?" he asked wiping the tears that fell.

I sighed and attempted to crawl back into my seat, but his grip tightened on my hips keeping me in place.

I sighed again and started to tell my story.

"When I was younger, my father was one of the kindest people I had ever met. He was the perfect dad. He hosted a Bbq on Sundays sometimes, and he would never lay a harmful hand on me or my mother." I said with a smile remembering happy memories.

"What changed?" he asked still holding me. He started to draw circles on my back.

"I honestly don't know. One day I spilled a drink on the floor and he blew. He started yelling at me and then...... he slapped me." I whispered. I felt his grip tighten on me but no enough to hurt me.

"He did it every day after that. I was only 9 years old. He hurt my mother to, but I got it worse than she did. My mom would always stop him when he tried to rape me, giving him herself instead. It always worked, so I still have my v-card."

"One day he was gone longer than usual, so my mom packed everything we needed and we left. She got a job as a naturalist so we would have an excuse for always moving around. At first we were inseparable. Then she started enjoying her work, so much that she never had time for me. Every time she gets paid, she spends all her money on projects, or new equipment. Theres never any money left over so I have to work to pay bills and all that. that's why I only got a salad. that's all I could afford." I explained.

"Well you don't have to worry about that anymore because I will take care of you. You don't have to work anymore and I will always be here for you. You will always be my top priority. To be honest I'm surprised that you're not freaking out. Most humans do when they find out about wolves." Jace said with a smile. I was about to kiss him again, when the bell rang.

"Oh give me time. I'm sure I will eventually."

Laughing we pulled apart. I crawled back into the passenger seat and got out of his car. A really nice car I might add. 1968 black ford mustang with a convertible top. When Jace got out of the car he came up to me and held my hand. We walked together to our next class still hand-in-hand.

When we reached our next class we went to the back of the room and sat down at an empty desk. This class was English, so I got bored real easy. We were sitting next to a window, so I looked out the window and let my mind drift.

Werewolves? God what have I gotten myself into?