Chapter Twenty Four ~Birthday Boy~

Chapter Twenty Four

Jace

                “Happy birthday, Jace,” Alex whispered in my ear. My lips curved into a smile as she kissed my cheek.

                “You missed,” I teased, my eyes closed. She giggled and I tightened my arms around her, squeezing her waist. I felt her lean up and kiss the corner of my mouth lightly, then kissed my lips. I slowly kissed her back, savoring the feeling of her soft lips on mine.

                She trailed her hand up my chest and face and tangled into my hair, pulling gently. I smirked into the kiss and pulled back. I relaxed my head on the pillow and smiled up at her as she leaned over me on her elbow. Her black hair was falling perfectly over one of her shoulders so I could see her beautiful face perfectly as the sun caressed it. She smiled that perfect smile of hers and her eyes twinkled with happiness, peace, and love. She rubbed my abdomen gently and leaned down to peck my lips.

                “Happy birthday,” she repeated.

                “It most certainly is,” I said. “The best way to wake up on my birthday; with my gorgeous mate in my arms.”

                She giggled again and tried to leave the bed.

                There’s a key word there: tired.

                I held on tighter to her waist and brought her back to my chest, flipping us over so that she was underneath me. She squealed and gripped my biceps.

                “And where do you think you’re going?” I playfully growled at her.

                “Don’t you want your present?” she asked.

                “You are more than enough for me, baby,” I said, leaning down to nibble her mark, making her shiver and let out a soft whimper. I smirked against her skin and began licking and kissing her mark. She moaned and moved her head to give me complete access. She moaned again and pushed at my shoulders gently, trying to get me off her.

                I groaned and pulled back from her neck, resting my forehead on hers. She giggled and pecked my lips before rolling out from under me. I sighed and flipped on my back as I watched her rummage through her side of the closet.

                “Close your eyes,” she called as she stood up straight, her back facing me.

                “Why?” I asked, linking my fingers behind my head, leaning against the pillows.

                “Just do it, birthday boy,” she giggled. I chuckled and closed my eyes with a small smile. My smile turned into a grin as I felt her move her body over mine so that she was straddling my hips. I moved my hands and placed them on her hips, rubbing the sliver of skin that had been exposed by her tank top, sparks erupting from our connected skin.