Chapter Thirteen- You have to let Jace go-

*Revised*

Jace

     "Have you found anything yet?" I asked Blaze through the phone. I'm currently in my office doing some pack stuff and trying to find Alpha Richard's pack. Alex was downstairs with Brant while Gram was in here with me, doing his work. You know, third in command stuff. Blake was with his dad. I was having Blaze and Mark, Gram's dad and current third, looking for Richards.

     "No. It's the same as an hour ago. Still nothing." he said. I groaned and slid my hand down my face before running it through my hair.

     "Alright. Keep looking."

     "Yes Alpha."

     We hung up and I went back to the paper work. Ugh. I feel a headache coming on. A few hours later we were interrupted by a knock on the door.

     "Come in." I called. Alex came in with a tray of food and a smile.

     "Brant said for you to meet him in the kitchen." she said to Gram. He nodded and left us alone.

     "I brought you some food. Thought you might be hungry." she said. I smiled and set down the papers I had in my hands and leaned back in my leather rolley chair. She came over to my side of the desk and set the food down in front of me before sitting across my lap. My hands went to her waist as hers went to my shoulders rubbing gently.

     "Are you okay?" she asked.

     "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

     "Well, to be honest you look like hell. You look tired and you have a headache, don't you?"

     I swear to God, she's a fucking mind reader. I sighed and put my head on her shoulder closing my eyes. "Yeah. It hasn't been a fun day." She put her chin on my head and rubbed up and down my upper back. After a few mintues she pulled back.

     "Eat. Before it gets cold." she demanded.

     "Well sweetheart, that's gonna be kind of hard considering you're sitting on my lap." I smirked. She smirked back and grabbed the fork on the plate. She cut some a piece of the steak and stuck it with the fork. She dipped it in the A1 sauce, from the smell of it, and put it up to my mouth.

     "Eat." she demanded again. I smirked and took it off the fork. Flavor exploded across my taste buds and I closed my eyes, groaning and smiling. "Well, what do you think? I made it myself."

     I opened my eyes and saw her nervous expression. I swallowed and looked at her smiling. "It's delicious babe." I said. She smiled, relieved, and cut another piece of steak and fed it to me. Then she went on to the mashed potatoes.

     "These I got from Wal-Mart, I just followed the instructions on the baggie, so I don't really know how they taste. They just looked really good on the package." she chuckled. I ate the potatoes off the fork and smiled.

     "You know what would make these better?" I asked. She tilted her head to the side with a small smile.

     "What?" she asked.

     "This." I grabbed the A1 sauce and poured some on the potatoes, not too much but not too little either. Just right.

     "I knew we were mates for a reason! I love A1 on my potatoes!" she exclaimed. I looked at her in truly utter shock. This didn't go unnoticed by her. "What?"

     "You like A1 on your potatoes?" I asked skeptically.

     "Yeah." she said slowly. She reached over to the potatoes and took a bite. "See? I love this. It's delicious." she said.