Chapter Twenty Two ~ Boy were we wrong......

Chapter Twenty Two

 Alex

*******************************

 "Jace,” I whispered, dragging out his name slightly. “Time to wake up.”

He groaned lightly and rolled away from me so that he was on his side with his back towards me. “Alex, it’s too early to be up.”

I giggled quietly and leaned up to wrap my arm around his waist and I whispered in his ear, “I want blueberry pancakes, though, and I like yours.”

“You know what I want?” he said. I hummed in response and waited for him to speak again. “Some peace and quiet.”

I giggled in his ear and spoke against it. “Why have that when we can have food?” He shivered slightly and growled playfully before flipping over and trapping me underneath him. I giggled and tried to squirm away but he gripped my hips and let some of his weight fall on me, keeping me beneath him. He grinned wickedly before he started to tickle me. I squealed and bucked, trying to get away from his tickling.

“St-op!” I squealed. “Jace, sto-p!”

He finally let me go and just stared at me as I caught my breath. He leaned his head on his head and just watched me, smiling that goofy smile of his. His other hand rubbed my side that was furthest from him gently.

“What?” I panted softly.

“You’re so beautiful, Alex,” he breathed. I blushed and averted my gaze to his throat. I reached my hand up and traced the healing cut from a sliver knife that went from under his ear to his collar bone.

Yesterday Jace and a few others went to go rescue my mother. They’d found her unharmed but not alone. There were only a few other wolves, but they were pretty strong and put up a good fight. It was as if my father wanted us to find her, as if it were some game he wanted to play. Lucas was so relieved; he didn’t let anyone near her for hours, not even me. I couldn’t see my mother until Lucas let me into the room. She was in their bed resting on top of the covers and she was almost asleep. We talked for a few minutes before I left to let her rest.

“Does it hurt?” I asked him, my eyes lifting to look into his beautiful ocean blue ones.

“No,” he answered. He reached up and gently covered his large, warm hand over my smaller, colder one.  “It doesn’t hurt, it never did.”

“I thought silver hurts you.”

“Not really,” he chuckled. Then he grew serious; very serious. “The only thing that can hurt me, that can kill me, is you Alex.”

“I love you, Jace,” I whispered.

“I love you, Alexandria, so much,” he whispered back.

We stared into each other’s eyes for what seemed like forever. I smiled softly and leaned up to peck him on the lips, lingering a lot longer than what would be classified as a peck.